Trash Day

After Matt and I disappeared into the forest, our friends looked around and saw that we were missing. They immediately began searching for us.

"Matt! Raya! Come on you guys, where'd you go?!" Tai called out along with the others.

"I'm worried." Kari said, "What do think could've happened to them, Tai?"

"Matt's a big boy, he can take care of himself, and I'll bet he forced Raya to go with him." Tai said scoffing off to the side with his arms crossed over his chest.

Agumon looked up at his partner very concerned, "Well, hold on a minute, what if they were kidnapped by Puppetmon?" He thought aloud.

"Yeah, they might've been, but then why take Matt, since Raya's a better target for them?" Izzy asked.

"No. It wasn't anything like that." Joe said, gaining everyone's attention.

"How do you know?" Tai asked.

Joe sighed, "After Tk escaped Puppetmon, Matt looked relieved for a second, but then as Tk was telling us about how he escaped, he seemed sad and upset. Matt and Gabumon walked away and Raya looked concerned, so she and Lunamon went off after him."

"What, so he just walked away and Raya followed?" Tai asked, running up to Joe and grabbing his arms, "And you didn't even try to stop them?"

"Well, no. What, was I supposed to? I thought he and Raya were going to talk things over, or something. They seemed closer than normal, so I thought she could figure out what was going on with him. I didn't want to intrude on their conversation."

Tai let go of Joe and looked down, wondering about what had happened to me and Matt.

"This is weird." He said, "I mean, it's one thing if they were kidnapped, but why would they just disappear for a conversation? Could it really have been that important?"

"I'll say. They've been gone way too long and I'm getting worried." Agumon said.

"I'm worried, too." Sora added, "I don't know about you, but Matt's been acting really strange, especially after Raya yelled and him and Tai."

"Yes, he has been acting a little high strung." Izzy said thinking back to the event where Gabumon couldn't digivolve.

"Yeah, remember when Gabumon had that digivolving problem?" Biyomon asked.

"Yeah, I bet there's a connection." Palmon said.

Suddenly, Kari gasped and turned towards the sky as the voice she heard earlier called to her again.

"Kari, what is it?" Gatomon asked.

"I thought I heard a voice out there." Kari replied.

"A voice? Was it Matt or Raya?" Tai asked running up to his sister and looking up at the sky with her.

"I don't hear anything. C'mon, Kari, don't you start losing it, too."

"They couldn't have gone too far away, ya know. Maybe we should start looking for them." Izzy suggested. Everyone agreed and began walking to find us, but Kari was still concerned about the voice she heard.

"Gatomon, it wasn't Matt or Raya's voices I heard." Kari said.

"Who's was it?" Gatomon asked.

"I'm not sure, but I think Raya heard it, too."

They dropped the topic and ran off to catch up with the others.

The forest was dark as Matt, our digimon and I traveled through its shadows. I thought that Matt would want to be alone to think over what I was telling him about his overprotective and anger-filled actions, but then he confessed that he loved me, and that changed the entire plan.