It's All in the Cards

"Raya? Raya! Wake up." I heard someone call me. I slowly opened my eyes and saw a small purple digimon sitting on my chest. I knew right away that it was Lunamon, but in her in-training form, Moonmon.

 I knew right away that it was Lunamon, but in her in-training form, Moonmon

I sat up as memories of just a little bit ago flooded into my mind. I looked down at my tag and saw a lavender colored crest, the symbol of a heart with wings etched into it.

"Myotismon has shut the gate, you can't follow him now." I heard Gennai say. I stood up with Moonmon in my arms and silently joined my friends.

"Listen, pops, you've gotta help us get through that gate. The eighth kid is doomed if we don't." Matt said.

"And that isn't all!" Sora exclaimed, "If that rotten creep goes on a rampage in the real world, lots of innocent people will get hurt."

"There just has to be some way to open that gate up again." Tai said.

"Of course there is." Gennai said.

Everyone smiled at the hopeful news, "No kidding?" Tai asked.

"How then?" Sora asked.

"Any door can be opened with the right key." Gennai answered. I chuckled softly, loud enough for only Moonmon to hear.

"Oh, don't be so mysterious, Gennai!" Tai said in frustration.

"Follow me to my house and I will explain everything." We were all confused, but somehow, I had a fuzzy memory of this old man's home.

"Where's that?" Koromon asked.

"Look above-" Gennai said before he disappeared.

"What kind of directions are those?" Mimi asked.

"Very good ones if you would just listen." Gennai said, "Raya has been to my home many times, do you not remember, Raya?"

I smiled and everyone turned towards me, breathing a sigh of relief when they saw me up and awake.

"Not really, Gennai. Remember, I still don't recall very much of my time here." I replied.

"Just keep looking and you'll see it." Gennai said. We all looked upwards and around, suddenly seeing a strange light flashing in the distance.

"Look, a search light." Matt said

"Sorry, I ran out of maps." Gennai apologized, "Just follow the light and you can't miss it."

"Excellent." Tai beamed.

"Snack time for me." Gennai said excitedly before disappearing in the light."

"Let's jet." Tai said and we began to journey to Gennai's house.

As we walked through the forest, Tk grabbed a hold of my hand, making me look down at the smiling boy.

"Hey, Raya, can I see your crest, please?" He asked. I smiled, took off my tag held my crest in front of him.