Almost Home Free

After the whole battle on the bridge event with Mammothmon, we were a little shaken up, but decided to get on with our mission.

"Should we get a snack before we start looking?" Mimi asked.

"There's no time." Tai said, "We've gotta get to Odaiba and find that ninth kid before somebody else does."

"But how will we get there? Do you think there are any fast food places along the way."

"Would you knock it off about the food?" Tai asked annoyed, "Anyway, we've only got enough money for our subway tickets."

"Subway?" Joe repeated nervously, "Oh, ok, my parents won't let me ride the subway by myself."

"But, Joe, you're not alone. We're riding with you." I said smiling and beginning my way to the train station, "Now, come on before we miss the early trains."

We walked down the streets and arrived at the subway station in record time.

"Are subways like regular trains? I mean, do they have snacks cars?" Mimi asked.

"Just drop it! And stick together everybody, it can get confusing down here." Tai said. We walked down the stairs and split up. Half of us looked at the track map to figure where to go, while the others went to buy the tickets.

Of course, I knew the subway lines by heart. I would travel all the time like this to meet my physical therapy doctors while I was still healing.

"I hope Myotismon has as much trouble reading these maps as I do." Joe said.

"Okay, so what do we do now besides starve to death?" Mimi asked.

"Don't worry, I know this map by heart." I said. I pointed up to the symbol for the number 12 train and followed the line of the tracks leading to Odaiba.

"See, the best and fastest route to Odaiba is to take the number 12 train to Nakano and transfer to the Marinucci line, then transfer to the Ginza line and then get off at Shinbashi." I explained.

Everyone looked confused, but Matt, Tk and Izzy understood what I was talking about.

"How'd you figure that out, Raya?" Sora asked.

"Well, after my accident, I was treated at a hospital near Highton view Terrace. But we moved a little while after the whole battle on the bridge thing. However, I could just change my doctors and treatments, so I kept going to the same hospital for checkups and examinations." I said.

"Yeah, Raya was eager to get better and after a few months, she was able to read the subways maps like a pro." Luna said happily sitting on my shoulder.

"Well, the directions seem simple enough, now all we have to do is find the right fare." Tai said.

"What's that, Tai? What are you getting?" Koromon asked as Tai put the money into the ticket machine.

"A ticket." Tai replied, "You can't ride the train without one." The ticket popped out of the slot and into Tai's hand.

"What's a ticket?" Palmon asked.

"What's a train?" Patamon asked and was shushed by Joe.

"C'mon, guys not a another word out of you from now on, okay?" Joe said, "We dont want any body seeing you and then asking a bunch of questions that we dont want to explain the answers to."

"Yeah, while we're here, you've gotta pretend to be toys or stuffed animals like Lunamon does." Sora further explained.

"I know, I'll pretend to be like one of those dolls that you squeeze and they go Wah wah wah!" Yokomon said, pretending to cry like a baby doll.