Chapter 12 : No Choice Left

Wonho retracted himself from Jooheon, pressed a kiss to his forehead, and eased himself off of the bed with ease as he untangled their limbs. It was late in the afternoon, just past eight, and for the last half hour he had been plastered to Jooheon’s side, holding the brunet close and whispering sweet nothings that the sleeping young man would never remember.

As his feet touched the floor of his bedroom, Wonho reached down and pulled the blankets up to Jooheon’s chin, making sure the brunet was comfortable and warm until Wonho came back from his shower. He let his hands undo both of the restraints around Jooheon’s wrists and gently palpated the aggravated skin and fragile bones that had been held in place for the past few hours, before tucking them beneath the blanket along with the rest of Jooheon’s body.

Unbeknownst to the knocked out young man, every time his eyes forcefully fell shut, Wonho always made sure he undid the bindings so Jooheon could at least sleep comfortably and give his limbs the break they needed. After that first day restrained, the bruises around Jooheon’s wrists only darkened with each day that passed; from dark pink and red to blue and purple, the signs of attempted healing but Jooheon’s constant struggling refused his body to allow it. Wonho had hoped that by undoing the bindings while Jooheon slept then the healing process would further itself but the very second Jooheon awoke, his thrashing began and any attempt at healing was long forgotten .

Wonho checked the time on his phone and made sure to reset the alarm that would alert him when he would need to reattach the restraints onto Jooheon, usually a good few minutes before the drugs wore off and Jooheon blinked himself back to life.

With his phone aside, Wonho turned to another device that required his attention and once he made sure Jooheon was firmly tucked in, he shifted towards the IV machine and upped the fluid levels. Today Jooheon had been quite… vocal, more so than usual to the point where if Wonho hadn’t administered the drugs when he did, he could have done serious damage to his vocal cords from prolonged abuse.

The needle was tucked into the junction of Jooheon’s elbow, tapped carefully in place that Wonho had to take precaution of when he held Jooheon at night. The IV fed a constant supply of much needed fluids and nutrition into Jooheon since even after five days, the brunet refused to touch anything that Wonho gave him.

They had been doing this for five days now.

Five long days filled with fighting and screaming and hours that ended up with Jooheon sedated longer than he was actually awake.

It was four days now that Jooheon had left Wonho with no choice but to administer the IV. He absolutely refused to eat or drink anything that Wonho handed to him so he had to take an alternative and began pumping Jooheon’s systems with everything he needed, from fluids and nutrition, to the low dosage of morphine that helped Jooheon with the pain from his sprained left wrist. The brunet had done quite the damage to his carpal bones and although Wonho inspected and re-wrapped the area daily, the bruising dripped down mid forearm and stood out like smudge against Jooheon’s milky skin. As much as it pained Wonho to see Jooheon hurting himself, it was necessary for the time being.

He had worked this morning. The weekend had been just him and Jooheon, getting accustomed to each other and their new routine. But, like he knew, work eventually came back into the equation and he hadn’t bothered letting Jooheon wake up, making sure that he doubled the dosage that would keep Jooheon under until he got back home. The problem, however, was although the drugs worked extraordinarily well, there was a danger in taking too much and honestly, Wonho was getting tired of having to put Jooheon down. Sure it made the nights easier to hold the young man on the bed, like they were actually something more, but it physically wounded Wonho everytime he drove that needle into Jooheon’s neck and held on as Jooheon’s movements lulled and he dropped dead in Wonho’s arms.

Although he had a large stock on endless demand, Wonho didn’t want to do it anymore. And as of thirty minutes ago, when Jooheon fell asleep once more, Wonho decided that it was time to try a different method. Starting tomorrow, he would hold off on the sedative and let Jooheon stay awake. More importantly, he was going to take off those restraints and let Jooheon wander.

Because eventually he had to see the house. Afterall, it was part his now and Jooheon needed to make himself at home. Sooner, rather than later.