Chapter 26 : Get Out

He needs to get the fuck out.

He tried to play it smart. He tried to find out the password for the door, he tried to escape. He tried to pry his way out the damn door and he fucking tried his damn well hardest to break through the windows.

He’s nowhere near giving up but after last night-- after it being so blatantly obvious that Wonho is fucking crazy and could easily overpower him at any given moment-- he knows that he needs to get out and right the fuck now. He can’t do this anymore.

If he can’t get the password, then he’s just gonna have to try his second option. It’s ballsy and nowhere near a guarantee for escape but he can’t sit here for another fucking day and watch as Wonho enters the house with that smile and bright eyes and locks the door behind him with no care for how it kills Jooheon each and every time that metal bar closes shut.

This time, he’s going to be ready.

               ____________________________

Hours later, Jooheon is sitting with his back against the door, listening closely for the usual sound of Wonho’s vehicle pulling up. His mind is made up and he knows that there’s no such thing as backing down but fuck is he nervous. He’s practically vibrating with how badly his body is shaking in anticipation and every few seconds, he flexes his grip against his knee caps. He doesn’t feel strong, he feels scared shitless because he knows that what he’s going to do isn’t what Wonho is going to want. Wonho could very easily lose his shit over this. Wonho could pull out that fucking syringe again and Jooheon could lose more time. Or Wonho could overpower him, hurt him. He hasn’t done it yet but it’s blatantly obvious that Wonho could if he wanted to. Jooheon forces himself not to think about that possibility because that is venturing into dangerous territory that he can’t deal with.

The worst case scenario in this is that Wonho drugs him up and forces him back into those damn wrist cuffs. The best scenario is that Jooheon gets out -- runs as far and as fast as he fucking can away from Wonho and this place.

He’s ready. He’s fucking ready for this. No more bullshitting around, waiting for no one to come and rescue him. So Jooheon sits and waits, listening for Wonho. He concentrates on controlling his breathing; in and out, in and out.

It isn’t even three yet when he hears the ground crunch beneath the weight of tires. Jooheon immediately leaps up from his spot on the floor and shakes out his limbs as he faces the door. He’s only got one shot at this, he knows.

Jooheon bobs up and down on his toes as the sound of a vehicle door closing reaches his ears. He can feel the panic shooting down his spine like an electric pulse but he doesn’t focus on it, he can’t.

He sucks in a breath as he hears the high pitched beeping of Wonho’s vehicle locking and there’s only seconds now. He’ll only have seconds.

There’s no going back after this. Jooheon clenches his hands shut to stop the shaking, his gaze set hard on the door in front of him.

Then, the jingle of Wonho’s keys sounds off right on the other side of the door. Jooheon takes a deep breath.

The door opens and Jooheon shoots into action.