Chapter 62 : Vaccine

“Is this really necessary?” Jooheon asks, looking up at Wonho as he opens up an alcohol swab and begins to rub it against Jooheon’s upper arm. The muscles in Jooheon’s arm jump at the cold sensation and Jooheon’s gaze lowers, tracking the movement of his wrist as it moves back and forth.

“Yes,” he answers, nodding his head. “The flu is nothing to joke about.” Wonho keeps rubbing against the skin, letting his eyes flicker between watching Jooheon watch him, and where the damp swab keeps going back and forth against Jooheon’s upper arm, cleaning the area. The aroma of alcohol is strong between the two of them and Wonho can see the way Jooheon’s nose scrunches at the smell. It’s adorable, even more so than the kids that Wonho comes into contact with at the hospital for their checkups. 

Jooheon raises his head and meets Wonho’s eyes, giving him a look that says obviously . “I know that but don’t you have to like, be in contact with other people?” 

Wonho pulls away his arm and drops the swab into the trash, reaching down to grab the clear package that the vaccine is in. His fingers are methodical as he brings it up close to him so that he can carefully pry the container apart. He huffs out a laugh. “You come into contact with me, don’t you?” he asks, smiling down at the brunet. “And I come into contact with other people. Sick people, mostly. It’s a domino effect and the last thing I want is for you to get sick because of me. And I doubt you want to get sick either. The flu is some rough shit.”  

Jooheon makes another face at that but when he realizes that Wonho has the vaccine shot in his hand now, his gaze sharpens on it. When he inches it closer to Jooheon’s skin, the brunet straightens up immediately and watches Wonho’s hand as he advances. 

“Are you sure you want to watch it go in?” Wonho pauses, letting his gaze trail over the younger man. The needle hovers only inches away. “Most people choose to look away on this next part.” 

But Jooheon doesn’t look away from the syringe near his arm. He just shakes his head, still looking down, and Wonho takes it as a silent way of saying continue on. So he does, until the needle sinks fully into Jooheon’s arm. 

“Fuck,” Jooheon hisses through his teeth.

Wonho grins as he retracts it, disposing of it onto the tray and grabbing a sealed strip that his fingers expertly tears apart. “I told you to look away,” he sing-songs. 

He applies the band aid onto Jooheon’s skin and lets his thumb trace over the adhesive as he lays it flat. Jooheon sticks his tongue out and Wonho smiles, all while his thumb continues to stroke patterns against Jooheon’s skin.