1

September 2019

Colby's POV
"Come on lovebug.Time to get up it's time for your first day of school," I said gently rubbing my five year old daughter's back.
"Five more minutes Daddy," whined my little girl covering her head.
"Harmony!" I said.
"Please Daddy," she cried.
"No!" I said "It is your first day of kindergarten and aside from that you have Bianca and Melody in your class."
Bianca and Melody are my daughter's two best friends from Miss.Trinity's Dance Class.

Rebecca's POV

I place the plate of french toast in front of my daughter Melody Quin.
"Eat up sweet pea," I said " I have to drop you off at Aunt Jessica and Aunt Cassie's so they can take you to school for me. "
Jessica McKay and Cassie McIntosh have been two of my closet friends since college. They take care of Melody Quin when I have to go into work early as was such a case today as it is after the first day of school for eveyone in Davenport including myself. I am a High School Math teacher at Davenport High School.
"Why can't you take me Mommy?" asks Melody Quin cutting a piece of french toast.
"We've been over this Melody Quin," I said "Mommy has to be to work early. It is the first day and Mommy has to be there to greet students.Now eat."
"It isn't fair," pouts Melody Quin "Everyone else has their Mommy or Daddy taking them to their first day of kindergarten!! Harmony's Daddy is taking her and Bianca's Mommy and Daddy are taking her!"
Ahhh my Melody Quin my little spit fire and my mini me right down to the red hair and brown eyes. Her Father and I are no longer together and aren't on good terms since he left us when Melody Quin was two.

Colby's POV
"Harmony Leigh Lopez I am done fighting with you get you bum up! I have to drop you off at school and then get to work!!!" I said throwing her blankets off of her.
"But Daddyyyyyy"whined Harmony sitting up her chestnut brown hair a mess like mine is every morning.She looks up at me with those eyes that melt my heart everytime.
Her Mother and I were together for almost four years before we had Harmony. Sadly I lost her due child birth complications. So Harmony doesn't even remember her mother but I do tell everyday about her.
" Why do I have to go to school? "grumpled Harmony.
I laugh "Because Lovebug it's the law. "
Boy was my Mom right I got a kid just like me. From the dark brown hair,chocolate brown eyes and the hatered of school.
"DADDY!" said Harmony breaking into my thoughts.
"Yes Lovebug," I said.

Narrator's POV

As Colby and Rebecca get their daughters ready for their first day of school. They are both hoping to find someone. Hell Rebecca even downloaded one of those fucking dating apps. Colby had even agreed to go on a blind date set up by his co worker and best friend Joe Anoa'i. They were both lonely and their daughters knew it.