8

Rebecca's POV

I wake up in a pale blue room with an iv in my arm and a monitor keeping record of my vitals.A cast on my left wrist and my right ankle. I am covered in cuts and bruises.I look over and see Cassie in her purple scrubs fast asleep in a chair at the end of my bed. Jessica in her lilac scrubs was next to her in another chair.
I pick up a pillow and with my casted hand throw the pillow at them.
"Wake up!!!" I yell.
Jessica and Cassie both wake with a start.
"You're awake!!" cried Cassie coming over and hugging me.
"What happened?" I ask.
"Honey don't you remember anything?" asks Jessica.
I shake my head no.
"Bex your house was destroyed in the tornado outbreak two weeks ago," said Cassie.
"Melody Quin!!" I said trying to get up and it takes both Cassie and Jessica to hold me down.
"She's fine.She is at Children's.Ashley is with her."
" Harmony Lopez and her Dad Colby were with us!!! "I said.
" They are both fine.They put the girls together in the same room.Colby is here on the fifth floor. He is pretty banged up but he will recover, "said Cassie as I settle down.
" Binx?Hershey Kiss?Fluff Ball? "
"Austin took em in for the time beinging til you are up on your feet and have a place to live. Which the last part is easy. Melody Quin and you are moving in with me," said Jessica
"What about Cassie?!" I ask.
" I'm going to be living with my fianceé, " said Cassie showing me the ring.
"No way Fergal proposed?!"
" Yep the night of the outbreak, "said Cassie..

Ashley's POV

I sat in chair between the two beds at the children's hospital. Melody Quin and her friend Harmony have been here for two weeks ever since they survived the seven tornados that tore threw our town. Myself and Harmony's Grandparents had been keeping watch in shifts right now was my twelve hour shift. I got them over night and Holly and her husband had the day. Melody Quin had two broken legs, a broken right wrist and bruises. Harmony had broken a leg,her left arm and has a severe concusion.
Melody Quin lets out a wimper followed by a scream as her eyes flew open.
" Mommmmmmmmy! "she yells and my heart broke.
" Shhh sweet girl, "I said coming to her bed side.
" Aunt Ashley am I still at the hospital? "said Melody Quin looking around.
" Yes Mel, "I said as I rubbed her cheek with the back of my hand.
" How is my Mommy? "said Melody Quin.
" She is awake and asking for you. Would you like me to call Aunt Cassie so you can face time her? "
"Yes," said Melody Quin tears in her eyes.
"Ok baby," I said taking out my cell phone from the back pocket of my jeans.
I call Cassie and almost instantly she answers.
"Hey Ash," said Cassie "Here's Bex.
She hands her phone to Rebecca and I hand mine to Melody Quin.
" Mommy!!!! "said Melody Quin begining to cry.
" Baby!!!! "said Rebecca crying as well as I layed next to Melody Quin  "Thanks Ash."
"No problem," I said " I don't mind at all. Holly and her husband have been taking the day shift with the girls and I have em at night. Harmony is resting comfortably as we speak. She misses her Daddy of course but she has her Melody Quin. "
Melody Quin,Rebecca and I talked until a doctor came in to look at Rebecca.
"Thank you again," said Rebecca.
"Don't worry!" I said.
"Melody Quin I love you!" said Rebecca wiping away tears.
"I love you more Mommy!-" said Melody Quin crying.
Rebecca hangs up and Melody Quin hands me my phone back.
"-Thanks Aunt Ashley." said Melody Quin giving me her first smile in two weeks.
"No problem kiddo.Feel better getting to talk to your Mommy?" I ask.
Melody Quin nodded and yawned. I watch as her eyes slowly drift close and she falls into a peaceful sleep her first one in two weeks.