7

Joe's POV
Holly had called me frantic after the storm and how she got a hold of me is still a micracle as cell phone as well as land line service was knocked out all across the county. Seven F0 to F2 tornados ripped threw our town in a matter of three hours. She told me last she knew Colby was headed to the house of his daughter's best friend to pick Harmony up and she hadn't heard a thing from him since he had dropped Harmony off after school yesterday afternoon except for the one text of Date over going to pick up Harm.Holly had texted me the address of Harmony's friend again a miracle.
Claudio and I pull up in the cruiser and see a pile rumble where clearly a house once stood.
"Oh my God!" said Claudio "If they were in there..."
" Don't even finish that statement!!- "I yelled as threw the car into park.
I jump out and run to the rubble.
" -For fucks sake Claudio help me!!! I see a kids hand!!! "
With that Claudio jumps from the vehicle.

Claudio's POV

As soon as I hear Joe say he saw a kid's hand I bolt from the criuser. I am at the rubble sight within seconds.
We single handly throw huge pieces of lumber and other stuff effortlessly.
"Oh my God," yells Joe "Harmony!!!"
With one last piece of lumber we uncover Harmony. We flag EMT's down and out gets a friend of Colby's since high school.
"Claudio!Joe!" said Natalie Neidhart "Oh my God Harmony."
She says looking at the lifeless body of the little girl. As Natalie gets on her hands and knees the little girl takes in a huge breath.
"DADDY!!!!!!" She screams breaking my heart into a million pieces.
" Don"t worry baby girl we will find your Daddy, " said Joe.
"Uncle Joe?" she asks weakly.
"Yes baby?" he says kneeling next to her as Natalie worked to patch up what she could before they could transport her.
"Joe!!!" I yell "Found another one!!!"
A beautiful little red head girl was wrapped up in her what I assume is mother's arms. Both their eyes open and look at me.
"Colby?!" said the older of the two "He he.." before she passed out again.
"Colby?!" yells Joe as we see two dogs digging nearby the woman. A cat lays right next the woman and little girl.
How did these animals survive I thought.
The bigger dog uncovers a hand and starts barking wildly.
Both Joe and I go running as the entire place is now swarming with EMTs and rescuers.
"Oh my God Claudio," said Joe reaching the hand first "It's Colby!!!"