14

Rebecca's POV

I am trying on everything Jessica has given me. I pick up the bottom piece. It is a green and white striped spaghetti strap dress. It looks beautiful and as I slip it on it fits like a glove.
"Wow," says Jessica as I am looking in the full length mirror.
"You think so?" I ask as I turn around "You don't think this is a bit much?"
" Hell no, "said Jessica shaking her head "Now wear your hair in a ponytail to show off sthat gorgeous neck of yours and pair it with mmmmm," she scans the floor " these nude heels. "
"Jess no," I said shaking my head.
"You will look like fire Bex," said Jessica "But what are you trying to do? I thought it wasn't like that between you and Colby."
" It's not, " I said feeling my cheeks flush red.
"Oh really?" smirks Jessica "Then why are your cheeks as red as your hair?"
"I well ahhh ummmmm," I stammered as I cover my cheeks.
"You like him," said Jessica.
"No I don't," I said protesting.
"Yes you do it is written all over your face," said Jessica with a gleeful laugh.

Colby's POV

Joe leans against the door frame of my room.in the trailer.
"Dude seriously a button down and a pair of black dress pants," smiles Joe "You do realize this is a lunch for four right?! Harmony is only in jeans and a pink kitten tshirt. You look like you are ready for a...

Jessica's ,

"..... night on the town," I said " You look smashing!!! "
"You think?" said Rebecca spinning and looking at the mirror.
The door bell rings and Rebecca immediately looks like a deer in the headlights.
"Don't worry I will get it,-" I said as I rose from the bed.
I go to my front door and I am beat to a very happy Melody Quin even though she has only been walking again for about two weeks.
"-Melody Quin I will get it."
I open the door and there stands Colby with a bouquet of white roses and Harmony. Harmony looks like a little girl ready for a play date with her best friend and well Colby looks like he stepped off the pages of GQ.
"Hi," said Harmony.
"Hi," said Melody Quin hugging Harmony.
"Wow," said Colby and I see his eyes trained behind me. I turn to see Rebecca walking down the steps.
She looks like a knockout. The green and white striped dress formed to her body like a glove.
"These are for you," said Colby as Rebecca came by me.

Rebecca's POV

Colby hands me the beautiful bouquet of white roses.
"Come on in," I said as Jessica grabs her purse and coat "Bye I have to get to work."
" Bye Aunt Jess!!! "said Melody Quin.
As I wave goodbye and close the door. I turn to see Colby staring at me as the girls both go to Melody Quin's play room.
" Do you want something to drink? "I ask.
" Water? " he asks.
"I think I can do that," I smiled as he followed me to the kitchen.
I grab a vase from under the kitchen sink and fill it with water and place the bouquet in it. Then I grab a couple of glasses and fill them with water.
I hand a glass to Colby as we both sit at the kitchen table.I
"Colby," I said.
"Yes Rebecca?"
" I want to thank you for protecting Melody Quin and I the night of the tornado outbreak. If you hadn't, "I said a lump forming in my throat.
Colby places a hand on top of mine. I look up at him and our eyes meet.
" Don't mention it,-"he said with a smile.
Before I knew it our lips are meeting. Colby slides his hand up my cheek.
"-God I have wanted to do that for a long time," he says against my lips.

Colby's POV

The moment our lips met I felt fireworks inside my entire body and it feels good to have our lips connected.As I pull her closer to me we are lost in our own world.She felt so good in my arms and her smell was intoxicating a mixture of honey and vanilla.

Rebecca's POV

This whole thing feels right.It feels good to be wrapped up in Colby's strong arms and our lips dancing together.I pull back from him breathless. Our eyes meet and I run my hands threw his hair.
"That was amazing," I said with a smile.
"Sure was,"said Colby  "Would you go on a date with me?"
I stare at him a bit taken aback "Pardon?" I ask.
" Will you go out with me Rebecca? "he asks again.
" Of course I will, " I said smiling.
He pulls me back to him sealing the deal with a kiss.

Narrator's POV

Unknown to either Rebecca or Colby the girls had seen them kiss and heard Colby ask Rebecca out. After that the girls snuck back to the playroom and dance around happily.They don't know how but even without their plan their parents have fallen for each other.