24

Rebecca's POV

After we almost made love Colby and I agree to wait but we were still starving so we go to Grady's.
Colby pulls into a spot.
"Colby?" I ask .
"Yes?" he says looking at me with earnest eyes.
"Are you mad at me?"
" What for? " he asks.
"Me pressuring."
He held up a hand and I shut my mouth.
"You weren't pressuring me for anything," he said "I just want this," he points to me and him "to work out.I don't want to rush anything. I promise you when we do make love for the first time it will be special.-"
He kisses me sweetly on the lips.
"-Don't worry about anything. I love you."
" I love you too, " I said kissing him.

Colby's POV

I brush a few strands behind her ear. I look into her brown eyes. She makes me weak in the knees and I want to make love with her lord knows I do but I certainly don't want to ruin what we are building with having sex way to soon.
"Shall we go eat?" I ask " Because I don't know about you but I am starving. "
"I am too," said Rebecca with a smile.

Narrator's POV

The couple enters the bar. The band was currently eating as well. They waved them over and invited Rebecca and Colby to eat with them.
When they tell the band that they are on another date the band nods and says it was okay.

Rebecca's POV

We find a table for two where Colby and I can stare into each other's eyes.
"Bex?"
" Yeah, "I said.
" Why did you want to, " said Colby looking around "make love tonight on our second date?"
I laughed "You'll think I am an idiot if you heard one of the reasons behind it aside from me just wanting to have that connection to you."
Colby shakes his head "I will not. Whatever you say can't be as stupid as the reason I put the breaks on it aside from me wanting it to be special."
I raise an eyebrow "Really? Ok so let's tell each other what the reason is."
" Alright, "said Colby "Me first. I haven't made love with a woman since Daisy was three months pregnant with Harmony."
I laugh and Colby looks slightly hurt "Really? Because well the reason for me is well I haven't been laid since I was three months pregnant with Melody Quin."
Colby looks at me with wide eyes "Wait so both of our reasons is the same but different at the same time. I am worried I won't be good at anymore and. .."
" And I am as horny as fuck and need it, " I laughed.
"Boy are we made for each other," laughed Colby "But another reason is I would feel awkward about having sex on our second date."
" I guess you're right, "I said "I am not like some girls. Colby."
" Yes? "
"Thank you for putting the breaks on us making love."
He smiles at me "Anytime. Now what should we order?"
He picks up the menu and I follow suit.

Colby's POV

I scan the menu.
"Everything sounds delicious," I said "I can't decide!"
" Neither can I, "said Rebecca biting her lower lip as she looks at the menu. This is only our second date and I know that when she is biting her lip while looking at menu she can decide what to have.
"How about we start off with a blooming onion?" I suggested .
"Oooh yes yummmmm," said Rebecca her eyes lighting up.
"Ok," I said with a smile.
" Hmmm Oooh I'll have a veggie burger and a side of fries as well. "
"Guess you figured out what you wanted," I said with a laugh "Maybe I will have a I'll have a cheeseburger and a side of fries."
" Can I take your order? " asks the waitress.
"Sure," I said " We will start off with the blooming onion...Bex ladies first. "
"I will have a veggie burger and side order of sweet potato fries," she said.
The waitress nods and writes it down "And you?"
" Me I will have a cheeseburger and a side order of sweet potato fries as well. "
We hand the waitress the menus and she leaves to put our orders in. We were already nursing a beer.

Narrator's POV

The waitress brings there food and they just finish eating as the band called  Zombie Pattern.  They sing a variety of music from the 1950s to the early 2010s.
Colby looks at Rebecca she has a dear god no face. The song isn't bad but the singing on the other hand. Well quite frankly sucks wind.
Colby watches as Rebecca rises to her feet and goes over to the bar tender.
The bar tender nods and goes over to the band on stage. He pulls their plug two songs into their set.
Colby laughs as Rebecca came back with the smallest smirk on her face.

Colby's POV

"I can't believe you did that!!!" I said stunned as Rebecca sat back down.
"Pays to know the bar tender who also happens to be the owner. "
"How do you know him?" I ask.
"Austin's kid brother," she said.
"Your co worker right?"
Rebecca nods "Yep."
" You're amazing! "I said still in awe of her getting the band kicked off the stage.
Patrick comes over to us.
" Bex I don't know what you did or how you did it but we have two sets for tonight and we are getting paid double!!!Thanks and with Mia being pregnant we can use all the extra funds!!!!! " said Patrick.
Rebecca smiles "My pleasure," said Rebecca with wave of the hand "Now go get your ass up there and sing. Just do me one favor!"
" What anything, "said Patrick.
" Could you sing Please Don't Go Girl  by New Kids on the Block, "she asks folding her hands together as if she was praying.
Patrick smiles "For you Bex and what you did of course. Will you be here for both sets because I could do another song in the next set."
"Ask Colby, "she said.
"We will be here for both sets," I said.
"Great, " said Patrick "What will the other song be?"
"Colby you choose," said Rebecca.
"How about," I said taping my chin I know the song I want them to sing it is from Rebecca's favorite movie Dirty Dancing . No not the theme song everyone can name no a song that is the movie only true die hard fans would know was from the movie where it lands in the movie and who sings it.
"Well," said Patrick.
I stand and cup my hands around his ear. He nods and winks.
As I sit back down.
"What did you request?" ask Rebecca looking at me with bright eyes.
"Nope," I said shaking my head "You'll have to wait until the second set."
" You're no fun, "pouted Rebecca.