17

Colby's POV

As we leave the restaurant which we basically closed down. We have been talking non stop since we sat down. The meal was good but the conversation and the company was even better.
"Would you like to stop at Miller's and listen to some music before we go back to your place?" I ask.
"Who is playing tonight?" she asks .
"I think it is Bait and Switch," I said.
She shakes her head no " Not really a fan of theirs heard em once and hated them. "
"Ok," I said which in reality I was thankful she didn't want to go I couldn't stand them either "I don't really care for them either.Now if it was Love and War."
" I love Love and War!!! "she said with a giggle" I am a eighty's fan and they play nothing but! "
"Same," I said.
She takes out her cell phone and texts someone.
"I just texted Ashley her brother is in Love and War. She knows their schedule by heart," she said as her phone pinged "Oh they are at Grady's on Jefferson. They play at eleven.What do you say?"
She looks at me with a huge smile and her brown eyes lighting up.
"Sounds good but can we change? I'd much rather be in jeans and tshirt," I said.
"Same," she said "Well we do have about an hour and half before they go on. We can go home and change."
" Ok,-"I said as I turn onto her street.
I pull into her driveway and get out to walk her to the door.
"-I will see you in about twenty minutes?"
She nods. Our lips meet "See you then," she said against my lips.

Rebecca's POV

I enter the house and almost as soon as I enter I am met by Jessica,Cassie and Ashley. Brianna had left to get Bianca to bed. Jessica had put Melody Quin to bed.
"What are you doing home so soon?" asks Jessica.
"Just came home to change.Colby and I are going to see Love and War play at Grady's," I said " We both wanted to change into jeans and a t-shirt.He'll be back in twenty minutes. "
I walk upstairs and quickly change into a  white crop top and hip huggers. I put on a pair of white converse sneakers. I pull my leather jacket back on, grab my purse and I run downstairs.
Ten minutes later Colby gets back to the house he is in black jeans,a red t-shirt and black converse sneakers. He also wore a black ball cap backwards and a gray sweatshirt jacket.
"Wow," he said "You look wow."
I blush as I take his hand.

Narrator's POV

Colby drives to Grady's a bar that has live bands play every Friday and Saturday nights. Love and War was an 80s tribute band that Ashley 's eldest brother Patrick is the lead singer and also plays guitar. Aside from Patrick in Love and War are also his best friends from childhood Andrew Harold, the drummer, Devin McCain,keyboards, Mason Jeffries, lead guitar and Meghan Marshall, vocals.

Colby's POV

"How did you hear about Love and War?" asks Rebecca.
"My buddies sister is lead vocalist Meghan Marshall. Her brother Kofi is my co worker and friend.But right now Kofi is on paternity leave as his wife and him just welcomed their first child together."
" I know Meg, "she said "I didn't realize her brother was a cop with you.I've met Kofi once or twice. Real nice guy."
" One of the nicest people I have ever met present company excluded, " I said smiling at Rebecca.
She blushed "Same."
I pull into Grady's and find a parking spot.i get out and open Rebecca's door. We again intertwined fingers and walk into Grady's.