25

Rebecca's POV

"You're no fun," I pout.
Colby laughs "It is a surprise and guess what Honey I like to surprise my girls and you'll just have to live with the not knowing."
"Honey?We are already have pet names?" smirks Rebecca.
Colby laughs and smirks "Well quite frankly we aren't normal you and I," he said "We have gone from zero to sixty in a matter of two months. I think pet names aren't pushing it."
" Ok Babe, "I smiled.
" Honey and Babe, "laughed Colby "We sound like farm animals."
I laugh as  Love and War take the stage.
"Surprise everyone we have two sets tonight thanks to a friend, "said Patrick.
" Thank you friend, "said someone on the floor near the band "That last band sucked royally!!!"
Colby and I look at each other and laugh.
"Bex this is for," said Patrick.
As Colby takes my hand and leads me to the dance floor as Patrick begins Please Don't Go Girl.

Colby's POV

I take Rebecca into my arms as she wraps her arms around my neck a lays her hand on my shoulder. She sighs as we swayed to the song.
"So Bex which New Kid were you going to marry?" I ask I know my older cousin Elliott we call her Elle was convinced at eight years old she was destined to marry Joey McIntyre. "
Rebecca laughs "I was maybe about five when I was convinced I would marry Jordan Knight."
I laugh "Good thing it wasn't Joey McIntyre because Elle would have fought you. But then by the time she was ten she was going to marry Joey Lawrence, then it was Jonathan Taylor Thomas then Nick Carter, then John Cena," I said.
" How did Nick Carter get in there, "laughed Rebecca.
" God's honest truth? " I said "I haven't got the slightest idea but they were all better the guys she went to school with or were sniffing around her. Except for one guy. Her one that got away.He was actually the only one who was nice to her to her face and behind her back.-"
By this time we were sitting at the table again.
"-And to be truthful I think he liked her as more than a friend but she was the girl that everyone seemed to relish picking on and the one that guys would be friends with but saw her as the one they could go to with all their girl problems."
Rebecca frowns slightly "Sounds like my life when I was a kid and teen living in Ireland."
" Yeah and my family all thought she had finally found the one. They met threw social media.He was a television host of a show Elle liked.He invited Elle to come out and meet him.They became an item quickly but things in her life called her back to her hometown, " I said as I wiped a tear away "My Aunt got very sick so she went home to be with her Mom and Dad. While she was back home tending to her hospitalized Mother and taking care of her Father. The asshat goes and cheats on her with a former model!!! Can you believe that?!! My Aunt is dying and this fucking asshole goes and cheats on Elle!!!"
Rebecca places a hand on top of mine "What an absolute jerk. How did she find out he cheated on her?"
"His buddy met her at the airport after my Aunt had passed and she thought shewas coming home to a boyfriend who loved her and would  be there for her. But no he sends his friend to pick her up but unbeknownst to him the buddy knew about his cheating ass and he told Ella everything." I said "Ella of course was fuming mad and rightfully so. She is dealing with having had to make arrangements for her Mother's death and trying to figure out how to get her Father closer to her. That day the buddy takes her straight to were the asshat was and Ella slapped the taste clean out of his mouth."
Rebecca laughs "Asshole deserved it. How can someone cheat on a person while they are going threw what your cousin went threw."

Rebecca's POV

"Babe as much as my heart hurts for Ella. Did you tell me all that because you thought I would stop asking what song you chose for the bands second set?" I ask.
"No," said Colby with a slight smile "Ok you caught me but also Ella is coming in next week to visit so I wanted you to know a bit about her. See her Uncle on her Father's side,see my Mom and her Mom were sisters is an architect and she had him draw up some designs for Harmony and my new house."
" Oh, "I said.

Narrator's POV

Rebecca felt awful thinking Colby only told her that story to distract her from the bands second set.
As the night wore on Love and War started their second set about 11:30pm.
" Colby this one is for you, "said Patrick as he begins to play the opening strands of......