6

Colby's POV

My god does she ever shut up?! I thought as this woman has been talking non stop since I picked her up at the begining of this evening.
I nod as she continues to ramble on and on about a cat maybe a cot I don't know I zoned out about fifteen minutes after we sat down at the restraunt.
I am going to kill Joe I thought No fucking jury in the land would convict me either if they had to sit and listen to Amberlyn.
I check my watch for the fifth time in twenty minutes as my thoughts stray to Rebecca. Had she been the one sitting across from rambling about a pigeon I would sit here and listen to every word and look deep into those brown eyes of hers.
We had only a brief meeting and well the meeting got off to a rough start but ended nicely when she checked out my ass.
"Look Amberlyn I have work in the morning and I still have to pick up my daughter at her friends place. Let me ummm call you a cab," I said "I'll pay for it."
Before Amberlyn had time to object I called my buddy Pamela Martinez and told her I needed a cab for a friend.She knew that was code for I was on a horrible date and needed an excuse to get out of it.Pamela bless her came and picked Amberlyn up.
I leaned into the window and handed Pamela a $20.
"Pretend you don't know English," I whispered.
"That bad?" whispers Pamela.
I nod "Remind me to kill Joe in the morning."
"I will, "whispers Pamela as Amberlyn finally comes out of the restraunt.
" Bye Colby, "she says as she goes in for a kiss which I dodge.
" Sorry I don't kiss on a first date, "I said boy did I lie.
" Oh, "said Amberlyn "When can we see each other again because I had a great time!"
"About that," I said "I ummm" come on brain think I thought "I didn't!" I choose now to tell the truth I thought as I watch Amberlyn's face fall into a scowl " Look Amberlyn all you did was talk. I didn't even get to say three words this entire date! A piece of advice SHUT UP!!! Let someone else talk how the fuck are you going to get to know someone if you domanate the entire conversation? "
Amberlyn slaps me across the face as I see Pamela's mouth drop open.
"Asshole!" spat Amberlyn as she climbed into the back of Pamela's Ford Explorer.
I watch Pamela drive away as I walk to my car rubbing my jaw where Amberlyn's hand landed.

Rebecca's POV

After dance class I took the girls to Hanna's Diner just down the road from Trinity's place.Then I texted Holly to say I'd take care of Harmony for the night so she could rest.
We came back to my place we watched the animated version of Beauty and the Beast.
The girls drift off to sleep shortly before 7:30 pm. As I stop the blue ray and put it into the case someone knocks at my door. I check my watch as I wasn't expecting Colby whom Holly had texted to pick Harmony up at my place until at least 10 or 11. But my watch ready 8:01 I shrug thinking maybe Jessica or Cassie were dropping by to get Melody Quin's dance clothes as they were going to be sewing the sequins onto it for me.I stroll to my door and open shocked to see Colby standing there soaking wet.
"What are doing here?" I asked stupidly.
"Well for starters getting soaking wet and well you remember Harmony"he says "About yeah high," he holds his hand to his hip "Brown hair and brown eyes and a smile like mine." He smiles at me and I feel my knees go weak. " Can I maybe come in? "
"Oh geesh," I said moving aside and letting him in "Sorry about that do you want a towel?"
" I would thanks, "he said slightly shaking like a wet dog "Where is Harm anyway?"

Colby's POV
I watch her stride to the closet just by the stairs.
"Harmony and Melody Quin fell asleep part way threw Beauty and the Beast," she said handing me a towel.
"My Harm fell asleep during Beauty and the Beast? Is she alright?"
Rebecca raised an eyebrow "Of course she is," she looks at me studing me "What did you think I poisioned her or something?"
She crosses her arms across her chest.
"No it's just Harm loves and I do mean loves Beauty and the Beast and for her to fall asleep during it."
Rebecca held up a hand "Melody Quin too but Trinity put those girls threw one hell of a workout today with the recital two days away."
The recital I completly forgot about the recital.
I smack my forhead sending beads of water flying some landed on Rebecca's top lip not that I was studing her lips or anything like that. But they were a shade of pink I had never ever seen and they looked so kissable.
We stare at each other neither one of us moving. As I step closer to her she never takes her eyes away from mine. We are now inches apart as I reach up.

Narroator's POV

Both Colby and Rebecca are so lost in this moment neither one heard the pitter patter of little feet coming down the stairs.
"Daddy?" asks a sleepy Harmony. Causing the adults to jump back breaking up a moment.

Colby's POV
"Hi Lovebug"I said hastly as hand Rebecca back her towel "Come on we are going home now."
Harmony makes her way sleeply down the stairs.
"Wait!" said Rebecca as the lights flickered. Harmony ran to my side as a scream riped threw the whole house and Melody Quin bolted down the steps as thunder clapped over head "I can't in good conscience let you two go into the storm out there.You two can stay here until it is over."
" That could be all night, "I said.
" Well then I guess we are having a sleep over, "said Rebecca with a shrug which makes both girls scream with joy until we hear the tornado warning go off.
Rebecca and Melody Quin cling to each other and Harmony to me.
My cop training kicks in.
" Where is your to go bag? " I ask Rebecca.
"Hall closet next to my prepared kit," she said as I ran to the closet she got the towel.
"Safe place now!" I yelled as all three girls and Rebecca's two dogs and surprisingly enough her cat follow me to the windowless half bathroon.
We hunker down as we begin to hear the wind pick up. The three next to me are all shaking.
"It will be alright," I said pulling all three close as we hear the sound of a freight train over our heads. Thus meaning the tornado was right over head.
"Daddy!!!!!" yells a terrified Harmony as she clung even tighter to me.
"Mommmmmmy"sobs Melody Quin.
" Shhhh baby it will be over soon, "said Rebecca stroking Melody Quin's back as the poor girl clung to her.
The walls where shaking as I covered the girls as I best I could. The dogs a lab and a yorkie were underneath us all. The cat stayed as close to Rebecca's legs as possible.
We all scream as the house was lifted off it's foundation and slammed back down sending dust and broken pieces of house flying everywhere.
Just as we thought the worse was over another tornado alarm went off.

Rebecca's POV
" Oh no, "I cried.
I was scared,my daughter was scared,so was her friend and Melody Quin's dog Binx the yorkie, my guy Hershey Kiss the chocolate lab and Fluff Ball our white and black cat.
" It will be ok, "Colby said looking into my eyes and I believed him as the sound of hail began hitting the house and good size hail by the sound of it. It wasn't long after that we heard the familiar freight train coming near and that is the last thing I remember except for the screams of "Mommmmmmmmy!!!!!" filling my ears.