27

Narrator's POV

Later that morning Colby is awoken by the smell of something good.He goes to the kitchen where he finds Rebecca with her hair up in a ponytail and in a pair of black short shorts and a hunter green tank top

Colby's POV

"Something smells good," I said.
Rebecca smiles at me "It's my Grandma's egg casserole.
" Yummmm!!!! "said someone behind me "Gran... Oh hi Colby."
Rebecca and I both look to see Jessica standing there in a terry cloth bathrobe.
"Hey Jess," said Rebecca with a smile.
"Hi," said Jessica eyeing me "Colby."
" Hi Jessica, "I said.
Jessica laughs "What are you doing here?"
Rebecca looks at Jessica "He stayed here because we are picking the girls up at Holly's and then taking them to Ride,Splash and More."
" Oh, " said Jessica.

Rebecca's POV

"Oh," said Jessica
"What am I not allowed to have my boyfriend over? Did I have to get your permission to have him over when I could swear you said this," I said waving my hand " Was my place too. And no Colby and I didn't share a bed he stayed in the guest room. "
Jessica stood there slightly taken aback "I didn't mean anything by it.My oh was just that an oh. I don't care who you have over just as long it isn't Dylan I am good."
" Jess you don't have to worry about that I don't even have a fucking clue as to where Dylan is, " I said "As far as I'm concerned he was just the sperm donor for Melody Quin.He left us when she was two and signed all his rights away to her."
" But she still has the Holtz last name, "said Jessica.
" Yes she does I want her to have my last name as her last name but then she'd be Melody Quin Quin. I don't know about you  but to me that sounds stupid, "I said.
" Very true, "nods Jessica.
Colby sits there in silence.
" Colby are you ok? " I ask.
"Fine," he said shaking his head "Just got lost in thought."

Colby's POV

In actuality I had heard every word spoken between the two women. If I had my choice Melody Quin would someday become Melody Quin Lopez like her mother would someday be Rebecca Lopez.
"Are we going to eat or not?" asks Jessica as Rebecca pulled the casserole from the oven.
"One second,-" said Rebecca.
Rebecca cuts the casserole into squares and places them onto plates. She sprinkled shredded cheddar cheese on top.
"-Here you go," said Rebecca handing Jessica the plate "Happy?"
" Hmm very, "said Jessica putting a fork full into her mouth.
Rebecca smirks and laughs.
Good god do I love that laugh.
" Here Babe, "said Rebecca putting a plate in front of me.
" This looks so delicious!!!- " I said.
I took a fork full and as soon as it hit my taste buds. I swear to you it was a flavor explosion in my mouth. The eggs,potatoes, onions, green peppers and vegetarian sausage was a marriage made in heaven.
"-Holy fuck Bex this is amazing!!" I said.
"Told you," said Jessica "Bex never leave me!!!"
Rebecca laughs "Jess I don't want to live with you forever."
" Yeah she is at some point going to come live with Harmony and I, "I said.
Rebecca nearly choked on her casserole "Excuse me?"
" I-I-I-I-I uhhh, "I stammered.
Jessica stares at me for a moment "Did you just ask Rebecca to move in with you?!"
" Not right now, " I said "In the near future if things progress as the way they are," I look at Rebecca who is wiping her mouth.
" Colby?! "
"I will take this opportunity and say bye," said Jessica picking up her plate and disappearing upstairs.
I look over at Rebecca.
"Colby?!" she said again .
"Rebecca I am sorry I just blurted that out," I said "But at some point in the future I wouldn't mind if you and Melody Quin moved in with Harmony and I," I said taking her hands into mine "I love you Rebecca."
" I love you too, "she smiles "And yes in some point in the near future I would love to move in with you."
Rebecca leans in and connects our lips.
"We better get ready to go pick up our daughters," I said against her lips.
She nods "I guess so."