9

Joe's POV

I have rarely left Colby's side since finding him that early morning after the seven tornadoes ripped threw.our town. He hasn't woken up in nearly three weeks. They have him in a medically induced coma to help the swelling on his brain. His poor Mom feels like she has been ripped into two. She hasn't slept much as she spends her days at the Children's Hospital with Harmony and her nights here by Colby's side sleeping on a couch in his ICU room.
Claudio and Pamela walk in with coffee and some food. They are followed by a nurse to check his vitals.
"How is he today?" I ask as the nurse takes his temperature, blood pressure etc.
"I think the doctor will try and bring him out of this coma real soon," said the nurse.
"Do you know when?" asked Claudio.
The nurse shakes her head no.
Pamela frowns as she sinks into a chair next to me "This blows on so many levels."
" Tell me about it, "I said as I lean back and close my eyes.

Colby's  POV

"Colby Colby" said the brunette woman.
My eyes open and I'm shocked to see Daisy at my bed side.
"Daisy?" I said.
She nods "How are you?"
" I ahhh ummm, "I stuttered .
" Still a man of few words huh? "laughed Daisy "It's ok I have watched you.I see how you have raised our Harmony.She is you threw and threw."
I just nod still dumfounded.
"I still don't get how you're here," I managed to choke out.
Daisy laughs "Simple. I knew you needed me at this moment."
" I did? "I ask curiously.
"Yes," said Daisy sitting on the side of my bed "I know you are looking for someone who will not only love you but treat Harmony as her own. I am telling you you have meet her...."
" What?!!! " I ask as a searing pain courses threw my body.

Joe's POV

Today was the day Doctor Holloway was going to  bring Colby out of his medically induced coma.
I sit there with Holly as Dr. Holloway and the nurses give Colby the medicine that will bring him out of the coma.
Holly holds onto my hand as well as her husband's hand.
The drugs take some time to work. We are all praying.
About a thirty minutes after the drugs were given Colby begins to stir. His eyes flutter open. He looks around scared.
Holly rises to her feet and goes to his bedside.
" Mom? "he says uttering his first words in three weeks.
" Hi Baby, "said Holly with tears of joy streaming down her face.
" Where am I? "said Colby.
" A hospital,"said Holly "You were in seven tornadoes...."
" Harm?! "said Colby.
"She is fine," said Holly "She is at the Children's Hospital. No she isn't by herself. She is with her friend Melody Quin and Melody Quin's  mom's friend Ashley at this moment."
"What about Rebecca?"
" She is fine, "said Holly "She is on the third floor here."
"What happened?!" asks Colby.
"I can answer that one,-" I said.
Colby's eyes flicked to me.
"-Three weeks ago there were seven F0 to F2 tornadoes."
Colby's  eyes begin to tear up as he nods.
"I remember," he said in a whisper.

Colby's POV

"I remember,-" I whispered .
My Mom, step Dad and Joe all look at me.
"- I had had the date from hell," I said looking at Joe "Once Pamela picked her up I went to Rebecca's place to pick up Harmony and by the time I had gotten there it had started pouring and Rebecca had offered for Harmony and I to stay there til the storm blew over. But as the girls got excited about it that is when the tornado siren went off. I grabbed Rebecca's to go bag and prepare kit. But by the time I had gotten that the freight train sound came. We all hid," I swallowed hard but pressed forward " in the bathroom. The first one blew over but it only rattled the house. We thought the worse was over when the second siren went off and the house was lifted off it's foundation but the only thing thing that happened was dust and debris were scattered.The last thing I remember was the blood curdling scream of Mommmmmmmmy!!! coming from Melody Quin Then the next thing I remember is waking up here in the hospital. "