02: Start Anew

Beam sat down on his bed. He is contemplating whether to tell his parents the truth or some made up story to worm his way out. If he lies, he knows they will find a way to know the truth. With how influential their family is, he is sure that with just a phone call they will immediately know his night with Phana. And for sure they will skin both of them alive. Worse, force them to get married to make a decent man out of them.

He sighed. "Before I tell you will you promise to be calm after and let's talk it out" he told them while looking down and playing with the sheets on his lap.

Brissa moved closer to Beam while Boone sat on the other side and they both took their son's hand in theirs. "You know that we will love you no matter what. We might be against your lifestyle, but we will always be here for you son" his father told Beam.

Beam leaned towards his mother and nestled against the crook of her neck. He took a deep breath before telling them what happened. They were flabbergasted to know that it was Phana. And worse is, their son is in love with his best friend but does not wish to pursue it.

"He has his own life to live. Besides, he doesn't even see me that way" Beam told them as a single tear rolled down his eye.

He quickly wiped it and beamed at his parents. Both Brissa and Boone embraced their son. They would like to do something to ease his pain but with Beam's request to leave it be, they know that they could not persuade him.

Brissa swept her son's hair from his forehead. "Well, we have been postponing this since your father and I know you prefer to be here in Thailand."

Beam looked at his parents, "What do you mean mom?"

"Your mother and I would like to bring you to London. There, we might not always be able to see you, but we will make sure to visit every month. Start a new life and find your happiness somewhere else Beamie?" Boone answered him.

"We have been keeping this at bay for some time now. We thought we would never entertain the idea, but the situation calls for it" Brissa added.

"What is it mom?" Beam asked.

"Well, you remember your Uncle Jed? He has been pestering your dad to have you as his son-in-law" his mom told him.

He tried to recall his uncle. He is his parents' friend from their school years. The last time he saw him was when he was five years old and that was before they migrated to London. He only has a son back then, who is six years older than him.

"Don't tell me he now has a daughter?"

"No silly" his mother chuckled.

"Start packing your things Beam. I think it's about time to leave this place and move on. No need to worry about anything. Your mother and I would take care of everything. We will not take no for an answer" his father said without any room for argument.

♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️

The next day Beam was on his flight to London and his parents will follow after a few days. He was not able to say goodbye to Phana and Kit as according to his mom, it would be best that way. He agreed to whatever his parents say as he knows they only want what's best for him and right now, that is to leave everything behind and start somewhere new. They have been lenient with the way he led his life and always lets him get away with things, but they sure know how to curb his attitude when the situation calls for it. They may not be the role model of a loving family, but they sure have their own dynamics.

He knows that he will have difficulty in moving on from Phana if he sees him daily. Maybe now he has a chance to forget his friend. He knows his parents would not force him to abort the baby and it was never an option for them anyways. At first, he thought that they will suggest it but their love for him overshadowed the ugly truth of how the new addition to their family is conceived. He might have been made out of a mistake, but he will never let his baby feel that. It was not the baby's fault to be conceived that night after all.

If Beam is being honest with himself, he is nervous and scared of what awaits him in London. He does not know if his aunt and uncle would still adore him like they used to. He is scared that his Phi would reject him or worse, accept him and treat him badly for carrying another man's child.

♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️

It was nighttime when he arrived in London. He was scanning the crowd for his Uncle Jed and Aunt Ria as his parents told him they will pick him up. As he was nearing the exit, a middle-aged couple approached him with a smile. He immediately recognized them.

"Oh Beamie! I missed you" Friya Jamornhum exclaimed as she hugged him.

"Oh love, let the child breathe" Jared Jamornhum chided his wife with a chuckle. "Hello Beam, do you still remember me?" He asked.

Beam greeted both of them while clasping his hands after he was released by his aunt. "Of course, I still remember you uncle. How could I forget you?" He answered with a smile.

"Let's continue this in the car, shall we?" Jared asked as he took Beam's luggage with him and led the way.

Friya rounded her arm on Beam's shoulder as they walked. "Do you still remember your P'Forth?"

Beam nodded in response.

They are now seated in the car with Jared behind the wheel, Friya on the passenger seat and Beam on the backseat. According to the couple, they are headed to a restaurant for dinner to welcome him before heading home.

Beam is nervous of his meeting with Forth. He was lucky enough that the Jamornhum couple still adores him, but will they still continue to do so if they learn about his condition? He sighed unaware that the couple has been watching him on the rearview mirror.

"Relax Beamie, Forth is as excited as your Aunt Ria to see you" Jared said as he noticed his discomfort.

Beam smiled shyly. "It has been a while since we saw each other Uncle."

"You both might have grown up but both of you were inseparable when you were younger. We're sure you'll get along just fine" Friya said.

♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️

JED: Jesdaporn PholdeeJared JamornhumForth's father: an engineer by profession who owns his own engineering firm and a real estate business

Jared Jamornhum
Forth's father: an engineer by profession who owns his own engineering firm and a real estate business

RIA: Anne Thongprasom
Friya Jamornhum
Forth's mother: an engineer and real estate broker

♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️

To be continued...

Published: 09/03/19
Edited: 04/26/22
Revised: 04/09/23