03: Welcome Dinner

Friya and Jared brought Beam to a Thai restaurant. They told him that this is their welcome treat for him so that he won't feel homesick that much. They were ushered towards their seat by the host who greeted them.

 They were ushered towards their seat by the host who greeted them

Once they were seated. Friya told him that they will be joined by their son, Forth sometime later. He was just running late due to a meeting with a client. Beam just smiled at them.

While they were ordering, the chair beside Beam was pulled out and a tall, handsome man sat beside him. If he was nervous earlier, he is now in panic. He didn't expect his Phi to be this good looking. Is the guy even aware of what their parents have planned?

He was taken out of his musings when his uncle spoke to the newly arrived guy

"I'm glad you could make it Forth! Do you still remember Beam?" He asked him as he gestured to the young man seating beside his son.

Forth looked at the guy beside him and smiled. "You mean the cute chubby little kid that Aunt Bree and Uncle Bo has?" He asked with a goofy smile. "Wow, I must say you've become cuter."

Beam pouted while the elders laughed at Forth's statement. "Don't tease me na Phi. I am in no way cute!" He said with a pout and a blush to his cheeks.

"See what I mean Mom?" Forth said as he pinched Beam's cheek.

"He is indeed. So adorable." Friya agreed with her son.

Beam blushed and hid behind his bangs. Jared took pity on him and said "Enough you two or he might end up taking a flight back to Bangkok with the way both of you ganging up on him" he said with a chuckle.

Forth was about to say something when their food arrived. They ate in comfortable silence with a little chitchat as to how their days went by while waiting for Beam to arrive. Friya and Jared have been thriving in their business which is initially an engineering firm which later on branched out into real estate. They have been partners with the Vongviphans who run hospitals internationally as well. They are now looking to expand their business and penetrate the hotel industry.

While Beam's mother is a banker who owns the biggest chain of banks in Thailand, his father is a well-known neurosurgeon. Forth's parents are both engineers who were childhood friends with Beam's parents. The decision to have their sons married someday was established when the boys were both younger but decided to set it aside in case, they have found a partner of their own.