16: Reconnected

Beam was sitting on the bed with an open Anatomy book. He bid Wayo and Ming goodbye and left Forth to continue catching up with them. 'If only they know why I'm keeping my distance from them' he thought to himself.

"I'm sorry to have sprung them up on you like that" Forth said as he stepped into their room.

Beam looked up from the book he was reading and tapped the space beside him. Forth sat beside him and wrapped his arm around the smaller man's shoulders. Beam leaned his head on Forth's shoulders and sighed. "I'm sorry if I'm being a coward. I know I should've spoken with Pha and Kit before but what do I tell them?"

"Hmm, you are not a coward baby. You are indeed taking time in talking with them, but you need to be prepared when that happens. I'll always be here when you need back up" Forth answered before kissing his temple.

"I'm scared, love. Remember when I told you that Pha is in love with somebody else?" Forth nodded as a response to his question. "That person is Wayo and they seem to be together already...and I don't want to ruin what they have."

"You don't need to talk to them about the past. Just tell them we're happy. I think that's all they needed to know. I know I'm happy with you. Are you?" Forth said.

"Of course, love, I'm happy to be here with you. I'm the happiest as can be." Beam answered without hesitation.

♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️

Phana and Kit are currently taking their lunch at their faculty cafeteria. Their boyfriends are currently having an exam before their semestral break.

"Hey, Pha" Kit called his friend's attention.

"What now Kitty?" Phana responded, a bit annoyed as he was disturbed from his meal.

"Have you checked your email recently?" Kit asked.

Phana looked at him dumbfoundedly. "Why do I need to check on my email?" He asked.

"Because of this" Kit answered as he pointed to an open email in his phone.

It was an email from Beam that he sent an hour ago. They haven't heard from their friend since he was taken from the hospital by his parents. Though they were reassured by Brissa and Boone that he is okay and needs to settle things in London, they were still worried about him.

After reading his email, Phana fished his phone from his pocket and tried calling him through Facebook messenger. He wouldn't be satisfied with just an email, he needed to make sure that his friend is really okay.

After a few rings, Beam picked up his call. Phana switched it to a video call mode and both he and Kit saw him waking up.

"What the fuck Pha? Do you even know what time it is here?" Beam grumbled.