74: Here Comes More

It has been a week since Malik gave birth. He feels strong enough to travel and will fully recover abroad. Derek will be accompanying him and will stand as his guardian too.

Everyone was gathered at the Vongviphans to say goodbye to Malik. Jariel was left at the Jamornhums along with the baby since they were too young to witness everybody's sadness. David made sure to have his best men guard the young master and mistress while their parents are gone.

Kit was bawling his eyes out as the time for Malik to leave has come.

"Mom stop crying. It's not good for the baby" Malik said as he wiped away the never-ending tears falling from Kit's eyes.

"Baby, I'm sorry but I just can't help it" Kit replied. He was hugging his first born so tight in his arms. "I'll miss you so so much. Remember to call me when you get there. Always stay by Derek's side"

"Yes, Mommy I will. I love you" Malik said as he kissed both of Kit's cheeks.

"Mommy loves you too baby, so damn much" Kit replied as he continued hugging his son.

When Kit eventually let him go, it was Ming's turn to be emotional. "Mai, please take care when you get there. Daddy and Mommy loves you so much. We wouldn't be there to look after you. We might not always say but we really love you and we are proud of you for being brave."

Malik flung himself into his other father's embrace. He snuggled his face into the crook of Ming's neck. "I love you, Daddy. I promise to make you and Mom more proud of me."

Ming caressed his eldest's head. "You don't need to be anything else to make us any more proud than this. We just want you to be happy baby. We need you to be happy."

Malik stayed in his father's embrace for quite some time before he stepped back. He wiped his face clean from the tears he shed. He looked around and saw his brother standing on the side, looking like a lost puppy.

Kaleb slowly walked towards Malik and hugged him. "All the best na P'Mai. Call me if you need someone to listen to you. You know I'm always ready to listen."

Malik wrapped his arms around Kaleb's waist. He laid his head against his shoulder. "Take care of Mom and Dad, Cale" he said. "Look after the baby. You are no longer the youngest" he added with a wistful smile as he pulled back and tapped his brother's nose.

Kaleb gave him a smile, one that barely reaches his eyes. He place both of his palms against Malik's cheeks and squished them. "I'm going to miss you princess" he said in a teasing tone but with a choked sob when he mentioned his favorite pet name for him.

"We better get going sir. We might be stuck in traffic" David said.

Everyone gave him a hug as he started to walk towards the door. He requested for him to leave the place with just Derek and the security, no one else. As he was at the door, he turned to look back at them and said "Thank you for everything. I promise I'll do my best to get better."

♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️

It was a few days after. Wayo was visiting since he was getting restless at home. Beam was at home since Forth put his foot down and demanded for him to take a leave from work.

"No word from P'Kit yet?" Wayo asked sulkily as they were having snacks in the garden.

"Nope. Haven't heard from him yet" Beam replied as he took a sip of his juice.