60: Outburst

It was their lunch break when Kaleb approached Flare, who was then eating alone. He placed his food and drink on the table before taking a seat.

Since Flare is a newly transferred student, he doesn't have that many friends. Kaleb only knew him because of their brothers and family's connections. Also, the youngest Jamornhum prefers to be alone most of the time and just observe the other students.

"Shitty day?" Flare asked as soon as Kaleb dropped on his seat.

"More like a shitty night" Kaleb grumbled as he placed his bag on the chair next to him and started poking his food.

"Hey, stop playing with your food" Flare reprimanded him.

Kaleb sighed deeply. "You sound just like my mom."

Flare's face darkened at that. "I am anything but like your mother Kaleb" he murmured.

Kaleb immediately noticed the change in Flare's aura. He could see that his last comment irked his companion. "Chill Air, I was just teasing you. Geez"

"Not funny. Don't compare me to him. We are not alike" Flare said flatly. With what he found out the night before, he definitely wouldn't want to be like his Uncle Kit.

"What's with you Air? I've had a shitty night. My parents were arguing all night long and my brother didn't come home. I tried calling him, but he isn't picking up. So please, spare me with your mood baby" Kaleb groaned out as he slumped in his seat, threw his head up and stared at the ceiling.

Flare slapped him on his arm upon hearing the endearment. "I'm not your baby, asshole!" He admonished the other. "Your brother is at our house, by the way. Papa sort of adopted him for now" he said nonchalantly.

That caught Kaleb's attention and made him sit straight in his seat. "What the hell is he doing in your house and why did Uncle Beam adopt him?"

Flare told him what happened at their house. He told him about his brother's condition and how their parents treated him. He told him his opinion as well.

"It might have been a poor decision to get pregnant at his age, but it might have been that it wasn't his choice at all. Did they even consider that? My parents scolded Jag when he got Drei pregnant with Ellie but they asked both of them what their plans were. Unlike what your mom did" Flare said in soft voice.

"I want to see my brother. I need to see him to make sure he is alright. Mai has never been good in defending himself when it comes to mom" Kaleb told him.

Flare looked at him while blinking owlishly. He seemed to be having second thoughts in bringing Kaleb to see Malik, but he knows how they love each other. In the end, he nodded in agreement.

♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️

When Beam and Wayo arrived back at the Jamornhum residence, Phana was already there with the Daichapanya couple. What caught Beam off guard was seeing his husband with them.

"I thought you went back to stay with Jag?" He asked Forth as he gave him a brief kiss on the lips and hugged him.