21: Postpartum

It was a week before Forth was able to bring his husband and child home. They had to ensure that there are no complications with Beam and the baby. It was also a good thing that Beam is recovering fast from the operation and healthy.

Fon and March told them that they will be checking on the father and son duo after a week. They will just drop by to their house so it wouldn't be a hassle to the new family of three.

When Beam woke up after the surgery, the first sight he saw was of his husband holding their baby Jagger in his arms. Forth was seated on the couch beside his bed while he was cradling their newborn child. Beam couldn't help the smile that formed on his face.

Now they are home. Forth helped him out of the car while Shannon held Jagger in her arms. Jasper took care of their belongings and brought them inside the house. Beam knows that Forth had prepared a nursery for their son, but he did not expect what he saw. It seems that his husband took great efforts in welcoming their baby.

 It seems that his husband took great efforts in welcoming their baby

The room was dominated by the color blue. The crib was in one corner while there was a rocking chair across it. There was a white bedside table with hints of blue beside the crib and a blue drawer on the other side. A blue teddy bear was on the floor on top of the blue rug. He immediately fell in love with the room and fell deeper for his husband.

Beam was leaning on the door frame as he looked into the room. He couldn't believe how lucky he was to be with Forth. He turned around and hugged his surprised husband.

"Thank you, love." He whispered against his chest while he wipes his tears from his face.

"What for sweetheart? Why are you thanking me?" Forth asked him.

"For doing this, for being a great daddy and a perfect husband. I was so scared that you might have a change of heart the moment Jagger comes" he hiccupped. "But then I saw you holding him and looking at him tenderly. It was one of the best moments in my life Forth."

Forth gently wiped his tears and led him to sit on the couch. "Stop crying Beamie. You know that it's not good for you" he said as he wrapped him in his embrace. "I love you Baramee. Always remember that."

♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️

Beam was acting strange. It has been a month since he has given birth. Forth received a call from Shannon saying his husband has not stepped out of their room and ignored their calls. He excused himself from work and immediately went home.

When he entered their room, he saw Beam huddled at the foot of their bed. "Hey, love. How are you?" Forth asked him as he approached the man.

 How are you?" Forth asked him as he approached the man

Beam looked at him with a tear-stricken face. "Why are you here? I am a bad father. I am not a good husband."

Forth was shocked to hear those words. He knelt beside his husband and cupped his face while gently wiping his tears. "Who told you that love?"

Beam looked at his eyes. "No one needs to state the obvious Forth. I don't deserve you at all. You should leave me and find someone worthy of you."

Forth felt his heartbreak into a million pieces when he heard Beam's words. He couldn't fathom why he thinks that way, why he sees himself as not worthy. He took a deep breath before speaking. "What made you say that Beamie?"

The younger man looked away. "I'm not stupid Forth. Who would want someone like me? A man who got pregnant by somebody else, a mere college student who doesn't have any money of his own. I am nobody compared to you. You're a successful businessman, a well-known figure and a sought-after man who could have anyone. Why would you choose to stay with me? I am just a burden to you" Another set of tears rolled down his cheeks.

Forth is at a loss with what to say. He couldn't think of any moment that he showed Beam that he is a burden to him. He pulled him close in his embrace until he had him in his lap.

"Was there any instance that I have told you that you are a burden to me baby?" He asked against the other's forehead.

Beam shook his head in response. "You don't need to tell me that, you know" he muttered.

"Was there ever a time that I have shown you that I regret being with you?"

Again, Beam shook his head in response.

"I love you Baramee. You are my world, both you and baby Jag are my everything now. Nothing could change that. I will never leave you. Not in a lifetime" Forth hugged him tighter. "I don't know what happened for you to think this way, but I will never get tired of showing you and telling you this. I love you and I will never stop loving you Beam. I will always be here for you. I am yours, love."

Beam leaned his head on his husband's shoulders. "I'm so sorry for causing you trouble. I'm sorry for always doubting what you feel. I feel like a total shit right now. I don't understand myself too" he said as he looked back at the man hugging him.

"It's okay baby. I will never tire of reminding you how much I love you."

They stayed in that position for some time until Beam fell asleep in his arms. Forth carried him to their bed and changed his clothes. He also wiped his face clean before tucking him in bed. He changed his office attire to comfortable clothes before he headed downstairs.

Shannon has just finished putting the baby to sleep. She saw Forth by the poolside, smoking and approached him. "How is he Master Forth?" She asked.

 "How is he Master Forth?" She asked

Forth sighed heavily. He was deeply concerned with his husband's welfare. "He's asleep now Shane. I'm just worried about him."

"It's normal to worry about the one you love sir" was Shannon's response. "Young Master Jag was crying earlier when Master Beam left him and locked himself in your room. He said he is a useless father since he couldn't even make him stop crying" Shannon muttered while playing with the hem of her shirt.

That caught Forth's attention. "What do you mean Shane? How often is this happening?"

"I'm sorry. I know I'm not in the position to intrude but I'm worried about him too. He has been nothing but good to me and Young Master Jag is the cutest baby I've ever met. I love them both."

Forth smiled at his househelp's fondness for his family. "And I'm thankful for that Shane. Now, please tell me what's going on whenever I'm at work."

"Every now and then it would be a push and pull between them. Sometimes Master Beam would ignore Young Master Jag and tell him that he is the reason you are ignoring him. There would be days that he'll just cry all of sudden and say he's a bad father" Shannon said, almost in a whisper.

Forth's eyes almost bulged out of their sockets. There is seriously something wrong with Beam. It pains him to know that his husband is suffering like this. He took his phone out and called Fon.

"Can you drop by? Something's wrong with Beam. I need your help."

To be continued...

Published: 11/03/19

Revised: 04/09/23