12: New Phone

Forth stepped out of the elevator with Fon on his heels. He fished his phone out of his pocket and was about to call Beam when he remembered the young man doesn't have a phone with him. He mentally cursed himself and decided he would buy him one after their lunch.

He called one of his executives, August and had him cover for him on the afternoon meeting. He also notified his dad that he will be out to attend to Beam. Jared laughed at him when he found out why he had a 'Beam emergency'.

"I've told you time and time before, that girl is no good for the company, but you were just too lazy to fire her and look for a replacement," Jared told his son over the phone.

Forth could only sigh in defeat. Before he could respond, his father added "I just hope you would do the right thing this time around. I wouldn't dare face the wrath of Brissa Vongviphan if I were you. She's scarier than Bo when it comes to Beam."

"I know dad. I'm on my way to appease my lovely husband. Talk to you soon dad" with that, Forth marched his way to the forlorn man sitting at the building lobby.

 Talk to you soon dad" with that, Forth marched his way to the forlorn man sitting at the building lobby

"Hey baby" Forth greeted him as he knelt down on one knee in front of him and kissed his hands. "Listen, I'm sorry about what happened up there. I'll make sure it won't happen again" he said with pleading puppy eyes.

Beam looked at the man in front of him and smiled. "It's okay babe. She didn't know who I was, so I guess it wasn't her fault anyway."

"Oh, come on Beamie!" Fon sighed in exasperation. "The nerve of that twat. She's been after Forth since she stepped foot in this building."

Beam quirked his eyebrow. He had this feeling of his heart being gripped tightly when he heard his P'Fon's statement. That bitch seemed to be warding off people away from Forth for her personal gain. He had a plan in mind. Just because he had taken Forth's last name doesn't mean he lost his identity. He is Beam Baramee Vongviphan after all, oh he forgot Jamornhum. Nobody messes with him.

He looked back at his pleading husband. "Is that so? Well hopefully now she'll back off" he smiled sweetly before standing up. "Let's get lunch? I'm famished"

Forth could only grin. Even if Beam didn't say anything, he saw the wicked gleam in his eyes. Nikki is surely in for hell. He would definitely need to look for a new secretary.

The three of them had lunch at a fancy restaurant. Fon called her husband and asked him to join them. It seemed like a double date since both couples are enjoying each other's company. The doctor couple excused themselves after as Fon was called in for an emergency birth at the hospital and March will be the attending pediatrician to the newborn.

Forth brought Beam to the mall after eating and now they are inside a mobile phone shop.

"Why are we here Forthy?"

"To buy you a new phone baby"

"Huh? Why would I need one?"

"So that you could contact me anytime and I could do the same. Besides, I haven't seen you using one since you arrived here."