06: Allies

Since the newly wed left their reception, the event is now hosted by their parents who encouraged the remaining guests to enjoy themselves. The Jamornhum and Vongviphan couples are now joined by the Daichapanya patriarch and the Pattarakhumphol couple. Fon Pattarakhumphol is one of the leading obstetrician gynecologists at the Vongviphan International Hospital while her husband, March Pattarakhumphol is the head pediatrician.

Fon is the same age as Forth. They were the best of friends since the Jamornhums migrated to London. They studied at the same university but took different courses. March is five years older than Fon and Forth. He is the son of Boone Vongviphan's Hospital Director in London.

"Fon, I am now hereby assigning you as Beam's personal OB since he will be staying here in London from now on" Boone told the young doctor.

"Yes Dr. V. That wouldn't be a problem at all. I could always schedule a check up within the confines of their home to avoid the papzz" Fon answered.

"Well, technically Uncle, that is not a job she would be refusing since she has been rounding on Forth to settle down" March chipped in with a chuckle which earned him a smack from his wife.

"Isn't your son with you Makai?" Jared asked his friend.

"Yes he is. He might be there somewhere calling his lover or something" Makai responded.

"Oho, so you're son already settled?" Friya asked him.

"I would say so but he isn't aware that I know" he said with a smirk.

"Isn't he in the same university that Beam was in?" Brissa asked.

"Yes he is, but I doubt that Beam noticed him." He said nonchalantly.

"Hmmm, I doubt that. He seems to be there when Beam fainted." Boone chipped in.

"I don't think he has a clue. So, care to tell us why the Kongthanins are not invited?" Makai asked.

Brissa quirked an eyebrow. "Are they of importance?" She asked.

"Come on Bree. Phana and Beam are friends since they were in high school, and even that cute Intochar kid" Makai pushed.

"Are you trying to point out something here Makai?" Jared asked sternly.

Makai put his hands up in surrender. "I am just saying that people would talk. You guys pulled out your son" he pointed to Brissa and Boone "and had him married his son all in a week's time" he continued while gesturing towards Jared and Friya.

The newly tied in-laws looked at each other, silently communicating before Boone stood up and gestured for them to follow him. They walked towards the room that the grooms used in preparing for the wedding. Jared made sure that no one followed them and gestured to his head security to keep guard. When they were sure that nothing would jeopardize the secrecy of their conversation, Brissa opened up the topic.

"So, care to tell us what you know Makai?" She asked.

Makai took a deep breath before answering. "Something happened in Thailand for this event to be triggered Bree. All of you are not that impulsive in decision making. Rumors have been going that you originally planned to have the Kongthanin heir marry your Beam but you had a fallout" he said while looking at them.

That statement earned a laugh from the Vongviphan couple. "Wow, I might say that the press have been pretty impressive with their speculations but, no that isn't true" Brissa answered.

"Then what the hell is going on?" Makai asked with frustration quite evident in his voice.

Jared looked at the young Pattarakhumphol couple before stating, "If any of this conversation gets out we will not hesitate to have all three of you killed, you hear me?"