19

Aizawa was shocked to see Tooru and Mina ran back to the classroom at such a time in the day. He himself was packing up to leave. He looked at them curiously as they quickly regained their breath.

"It's Izuku," Mina said through sharp breaths. Aizawa's eyes widened.

"What happened?" he said seriously and was ready to run past the, "Has he escaped?"

"No but..." Tooru interrupted Aizawa but stopped herself.

"I know we shouldn't visit him but... me and Tooru were talking to him and he seemed very normal until something strange happened," Ashido butted in. This piqued Aizawa's interest.

"Well if it was strange enough to come to me, let's hear it."

"So, he told us to leave him for the night because it was getting a bit late but while he was saying goodbye he liked seemed to just stop," Ashido recalled the weird experience, "Then it looked something... else like took over his body or something! He randomly said hi to us like we hadn't been talking and started trying to trick us into letting him go." Aizawa was beginning to piece it all together.

"Thank you, both of you," Aizawa called as he ran out of the door, "Go back to your dorms!"

He burst into Midoriya's room.

"Aizawa-sensei!" Midoriya said in an almost convincing voice.

"Quit it, Ashido and Tooru told me what they saw," Midoriya smile immediately fell into a grimace. He sighed.

"Yeah, I really messed up there," Izuku murmured.

"Who are you? Who are you really?" Aizawa stared into Midoriya's soul while he just stared back.

Jirou and Momo were sitting together in the common room quietly reflecting on the past few days when Ashido and Tooru came running up to them. The commotion brought the rest of Class 1A to them as the frantically explained the situation with Midoriya. They then all ran to where Midoriya was stationed and hid around the door to listen in. Uraraka reluctantly followed because of her hidden but desperate need for Midoriya to still be normal.

"Who are you? Who are you really?"
"I am Izuku Midoriya," Izuku grinned.

"No you're not," Aizawa growled, "You've been found out. You want attention so much, I can give it you right now. Just tell me." Midoriya laughed before sighing playfully.

"OK then. I wasn't lying when I said my name was Izuku Midoriya. That is the name I go by, mostly because my original name was lost to time. Even I don't remember anything but I have theorised that at the exact moment when my quirk first surfaced I came in physical contact with Izuku. From that day on, I have been connected to him. You see my quirk allows me to see other people's dreams or more specifically nightmares. For an eternity I have been trapped in this quirkless useless boy's head seeing over and over and over his stupid nightmares so he didn't have to. I don't know when I became aware but ever since then I have been planning."

"Planning what?" Aizawa asked. Unbeknownst to Midoriya, Aizawa had begun recording the conversation as he walked in.

"My ascension," Midoriya smiled sadistically, "My time being in the back seat have almost come to an end, soon I will be the one pulling the strings. Soon, I will have gathered enough power to have control of my new body. And then Aizawa, I'm going to kill you, kill all of those stupid kids, kill all their families, kill all the heroes and then... I will finally be free."

At the end of his final word, Midoriya's head collapsed with his eyes still open. His eyes then regained his spark and he looked up once again.

"Aizawa-sensei?" he said weakly. Aizawa just stared at him with his mouth open trying to process what had just happened.