25

A few more days passed without anything of interest happening. Midoriya didn't even become possessed anymore but was still kept in tight security at night. Aizawa knew something was off without even noticing Izuku's fidgeting in his sleep and how he usually woke up early in a cold sweat. Midoriya had been experiencing horrendous nightmares recently. Ever since the day of the Heroes vs Villains exercise, Midoriya's nightmares had increased exponentially. He could even sometimes feel these nightmares overtake when he was extremely tired which he now knew was because of the person possessing him. Midoriya sighed. Of course he preferred the days now than when he was held in captivity with nobody believing his innocence but he still hated to be tied down at night. At least he made it up with Tsuyu and Momo and that made him happy. He hated to think that he had made his classmates sad. His thoughts flickered to Uraraka. He frowned, thinking about sad he was that she hated him now. He used to think they were close friends but her pure hatred of him made him doubt even his memories. He stared at the clock: 2AM. Suddenly, he felt a sharp pain in his head. His groan erupted into a scream as the pain increased. As suddenly as it came, the pain disappeared so Midoriya stopped screaming. But his body didn't. Midoriya was completely aware but could not control his screaming body. He heard a voice.

"The ascension has began, Midoriya. Your time of nightmares is beginning," the voice said. Midoriya looked around. He was a nothingness in a black void. In front of him was what looked like a screen broadcasting what Midoriya was seeing and hearing. Midoriya saw nothing and tried to call out but nothing came.

"For now, you will watch but when I have full control, you will plunged into the darkness as I was but for you there will be no escape," the voice hissed. It was very similar to his own but noticeably different at the same time. Midoriya recognised it as the one who had been controlling his body. Suddenly Midoriya's body stopped screaming and he slumped down. Then he moved his face back up and grinned.
"100%" he whispered to himself as he used One for All to boost his arms to their full potential. This time though, his arm remained fully in tact. He used the power of his arm to release himself from the chair and to explode most of the surrounding area in the building. "Ha! It seems I already got the hang of it. What was that worthless idiot doing with this power all the time. I must say though, if I tried going all out from the start, I probably would've accidentally blown myself up," Midoriya chuckled to himself. The real Midoriya inside thought how insane he seemed. Midoriya then smashed his way through the building and escaped over the UA walls.