28

As lightning broke the sky, the heroes attacked Midoriya, all at once trying to get past him to break the machine. Midoriya was better than he was in training managing to dodge their attacks and hit back hard. He was ruthless and held nothing back. Eraserhead's carbon-fibre cloths were batted away like nothing as Midoriya defended the machine.

'He's strong' Mandalay thought as she dodged one his hooks.

'Stronger than at camp... Much stronger,' Tiger commented mentally as he tried to punish Midoriya for over-extending. Midoriya kicked Tiger in the jaw and fell back into his defensive position.

"If you're fighting like this now," Midoriya began, "I wonder what it will be like when I'm fighting offensively. Not long to wait now." Aizawa fell back slightly and removed his goggles. He was instinctively using his quirk despite its uselessness in the current situation.

"When you've finished your so called 'Ascension', I'll be able to remove your quirk and Endeavor will hopefully be able to fight," Aizawa argued.

"Maybe you're right about wife-abuser back there, but once I have my body, you will still not be able to erase my quirks. In fact I'll be stronger since I'll have two. The full potential of my original quirk, to be able to enter dreams. Theoretically I'll be able to enter while they're still conscious meaning I could be fighting you and force you into a nightmare. Who knows, depending on how strong it is I could take you all out without even lifting a finger." Even while Midoriya was talking, he was managing to dodge all attacks from the Pussycats. The fight went on in a stalemate for a while until Midoriya yawned and began to talk again.

"Tik, tok, tik, tok. You know times ticking? Or do you not care enough about Midoriya to try and save him? I would see why. If I was in control since the beginning, I probably would've jumped off a roof like Katsuki said." With this comment, the whole class, still hiding, glared at Bakugo who tried to act like he didn't hear though on the inside he was beginning to feel more guilty. Unbeknownst to anyone, Midoriya's "ascension" was far closer than stated. The heroes only had 10 minutes left.