Toy shop

The idea came from the picture above

****************************************

Rex had been patrolling the upper levels of Coruscant for hours now. His poor feet were beginning to ache and he needed to take a break. Cody noticed the captains behaviour and suggested going back to the mess hall seeing that there shift was almost over. Rex nodded in agreement seeing that his stomach began to rumble in distress.   

On the way towards the command Center Rex noticed a young child staring a him with wide eyes. Rex brushed it off thinking the child was afraid of seeing the tall man in amour ,carrying a gun. It wasn't until he felt a small tug on his Kama did he stop. Turning he locked eyes at a young twi lek child yanking on his Kama, trying to get his attention.

"Are you captain Rex" the little once shyly asked.

"Yes,  little'un how can I help" 

Cody turned and watched the small child bring out a small plush toy. However he was shocked to see what it was. In the child hands they held a small plush version of Rex , it even included the armour as well. 

"I just wanted to show you my doll, and say you were my hero" they sheepishly grinned.

Rex stood there stunned as he saw the doll in the kids hands. 

"Is that me"? He stuttered.

"Yes"

Rex could hear Cody laughing from behind him as he tried to stifle it with a glove. He would never hear the end of it.

"Well I think its very nice" 

"Really, cause it's my favourite thing in the whole world" 

Rex couldn't help but smile at this little child's toothy grinning face.

"Hirani"! A women yelled, calling her daughter over "time to go"

"Ahh but mommmm"

"Come now let the captain be, they've got a job to do" 

" bye captain Rex"

 the little one sighed before wrapping their arms around the captains leg. Taking off to join their mother.

"Good bye" Rex waved as he joined Cody.

"So Rex ole boy...."

"Don't"

"I didn't even.."

"Cody not a word"