Dr.Gail

Kix sifted through the piles of medical supplies as he mentally took note of what needed to be restocked

"Geese were getting low on bacta packs" he mumbled to himself.

"Kix come in" the static sound of his wrist com caught his attention.

"Yes captain, I'm here what seems to be the problem sir"

"No problem, we have a new medical officer coming in today. I thought you might want to intrude yourself and get them familiar with the base, since you are our senior medic" Rex stated.

Kix felt a wave of unease in him, he hated greeting new people he always ended up making himself look like a bumbling idiot .

"I'm on my way" he sighed.

Their was an echo of laughter on the other end of the line.

"You'll be fine Kix , it's not like your preforming open heart surgery" he chuckled.

Kix scrunched his nose "open heart surgery would be better than this" he muttered.

"I heard that" Rex said.

Kix internally smacked himself, he forget to shut off the com link.

"Ha umm I'm on my way" he laughed off closing the com channel. He sighed "that couldn't have gone worse".

He turned away from his work taking his data pad with him as he made his way towards the hangar.

his feet tapping against the metal floor was drowned out by The familiar sounds of ships being repaired by the men around him. His gaze surveyed the area hoping that he could spot Rex in the maze of ships. He soon spotted his captain talking to none other than Fives, Nara, and Dock.

"Oh great" he huffed knowing full well Fives and Nara would never him live it down if he embarrassed himself in front of the new medical officer. He sauntered over to the group feeling slightly miserable.

"Hey Nurse" Fives smirked.

Kix shot him a glare.

"Kix I'm glad to see you came and didn't lock yourself in the medical closet" Rex mused.

"I'm starting to think that I should have" he grumbled.

The group let out a chuckle of laughter.

The sound of a gun ship coming in from the east caught the attention of the group as it brought a gust of wind through the hangar. The landing crew directed it down as it brought belly of the ship down. Kix eyes narrowed at the doors of the ship waiting to see who this new medical officer was.

"Kix, come on brother stop watching the ship like a dog" Nara yelled.

The group was already moving towards the ship. He smacked himself internally and ran towards the group who were now a couple meters from the ship.