Marching drills and dancing thrills

Rex had been in the medical bay all week. Thanks to Genral Skywalker he had been tossed off a large building and broken his collar bone and dislocated his shoulder. It had been a regular training session and anakin might have gotten a little carried away. Of coarse he apologized the entire way saying how sorry he was. But all that Rex could hear was the snickering of his men and Ashoka around him. and that fact that he was basically hyped up on morphine didn't help much either. Non the less his arm was healing and Kix said that it might do him some good to move around the base and get some fresh air. He decided to go see how Kyber and Nara were doing with the training of the troops.

The familiar sound of marching feet and people barking orders met his ears.

"Company halt! I want to see you boys march parade style all the way around the room, no complaints"

"That sounds like Nara" he chuckled.

"Well you heard her boys get a move on"

"And that would be Kyber"

He grinned.

He walked closer to the two girls in the far corner of the room.

"Nara, Kyber glad to see your taking your job seriously"

"Rex"! Nara excailmed seeing her captain "glad to see your finally off the morphine" she mused.

Kyber bit her lip trying to hold back her laughter.

"Very funny, how about next time you get thrown off the building" he stated.

"Yah and maybe Ill bring a jet pack next time, I mean you should know better" she said.

Kybers lips were contorting at this point, as she tried her hardest to hold her laughter in.

Rex rolled his eyes

"You always were the captain of the kriffin obvious"

Kyber lost it she was howling on the floor.

Rex just shook his head and pointed towards the men.

"So I see you've got them running through the drills, nice job."

"Did you doubt that I would, Rex you should know me better than this"

"Me? never" he replied sarcastically."although I did find Fives and spades having a dance battle in the barracks after I told them to clean them."

Kyber was choking on her tongue laughing .

"What did you inhale laughing gas? Get up" Nara pulled on kybers arm.

Poor thing was as red as a tomato.

Rex couldn't help but chuckle.

"Commander should we go around again"

Nara turned to address spades and the men behind her. Among them was Fives, Jesse,tup,Jex,Gus, dollar flu, tic, coil, Rerc, and Echo.

"Should we show him"? Nara asked kyber.

"We should" she nodded.

"Show me what" Rex frowned.

"Kyber and myself have been teaching the boys a new marching drill, while you were away." Nara smiled.

"We Thought I would very affective in our next battle," kyber agreed.

"Alright then" Rex sighed.

Nara and kyber quickly addressed the men and got them prepared. While they were doing this the Jedi had walked into the room.

"Anakin I can not believe you threw captain Rex off a building, that was beyond irresponsible, never mind reckless" obiwan lectured.

Harvey was beyond amused.

"Again it was an accident"! Anakin excailmed.

"Throwing people off buildings is not an accident"! Obiwan yelled.

Harvey was snickering, he always enjoyed obiwan lectures, well at least when he wasn't on the receiving end of them.

They finally stopped beside the man himself.

"Rex glad to see your feeling better" Anakin sheepishly smiled.

"Thank you Genral I'm feeling much better now that my arms back in its socket" Rex replied.

Obiwan and Harvey short Anakin an amused expression.

"For the last time it was an accident" Anakin sighed defeated.

"Don't worry General I'll bring a jet pack next time" Rex smirked.

Obiwan snickered while Harvey let out a chuckle.

"Alright men, MARCH"!

Harvey frowned "what's going on here"

TURN ON MUSIC VIDEO.

the march/dance ended. Each member of the marching group held up a sign that spelled out we missed you captain. Rex's jaw was dropped on the floor.

"I see your new battle strategies are coming together, captain" obiwan mused

Anakin was bitting his lip back seeing the mortified look upon Rexs face.

Harvey knew that only one person would get this much pleasure out of embarrassing their captain this much.

Nara stepped beside him.

"So you think the clankers will be intimated"

Rex just gave her the most unamused face he could muster.

"Well they'll certainly be surprised" obiwan mused.