Look out for falling troopers

This requested by chickenwhisperer16.  Long story short Nara and fives, mostly Nara are using Rex as a crash mat throughout the day. 

Rex felt like hell, to be honest he hadn't had a decent sleep in two weeks. And to make matters worse hardcase and Fives had been hiding glitter bombs in his helmet, so now the inside of his bucket look like Padmae's wardrobe had exploded. It it had been any other day he might of retracted faster when someone jump onto his back, but today was not his lucky day. His chin collided with the metallic floor of the ship, with an audible clunk echoing down the halls. A wave of pain rushed throughout his lower jaw causing him let out a low groan. It took him five seconds before he realized that the figure was sitting on top of his back, quickly he shifted weight and rolled onto his back taking the figure of balance. This gave enough time to roll them off his body and pin the figure down onto the ground beneath him.

"Don't kill me"!

Rexs yes widened in shock as a frightened Nara wiggled in his grasp.

"Nara"!

"Hey Rexy" she grinned sheepishly.

He let out a irritable groan as he rolled off her and picked himself up.

"Why in blazes did you think it was a good idea to jump me, I could have killed you"

"I fell out of the air ducks and it was you or the ground" she groaned rotating her shoulder.

"Rex cocked his brow. "And"?

"And you looked like the better option to land on" she shrugged picking herself up , turning to walk away.

"So you used me as a crash mat"! Rex yelled.

"Yes and I was right, you were much softer than the floor" she yelled back, before running down the hallway and away from a boiling Rex.

Rex sighed seeing no point in chasing her and made his way to the mess for a cup of coffee.

The sound of his brother chatting away and the familiar sent of ration bars and coffe brought a sense of comfort as he made his way across the room. He grabbed his his favourite blue mug and poured the warm brown liquid into the mug and brought it up to his nose, taking in the familiar smell of caffeine.

"Well you look like hell"

Rex turned his head to see Fang nursing on a cup of coffee, and amused expression on his face.

Rex rolled his eyes "And you don't look to bad yourself commander".

"I'm just saying the dark bags under your eyes, the tired dad look, and not to mention the forming bruise on your chin. " Fang frowned "What did you do to the other guy"

Rex let out a muffled chuckle as he took a sip from the mug "more like what did they do to me"

Fang eyes widened in shock,

" wait, you mean to tell me the legendary captain Rex, the jump from explosions like a badass, the man who makes the separatists shit themselves, the glorious di'kuit who smashed his head against a pipe, got his ass kicked" he gasped dramatically.

"You think I glorious" Rex mused.

"I also think your an idiot" Fang pointed out." But seriously what's with the bruise"

Rex rolled his eyes and took another sip from his mug "Nara"

"What, did you finally kill General Dios and she found out about it, cause I mean Rex I thought me we talked about this"

Rex shot Fang a glare " even if I did it would be too obvious, no she used me as a crash mat this morning, the bruise was just the icing on the cake."

Fang smirked behind his mug, which just so happened to match the colour of his armour, which amused Rex.

"So how have you been"

"Oh you know the usually, try not to strangle Jex for being the definition of chaos, stopping coil from killing tech for using his scope of his sniper rifle in one of his "experiments", oh General Dios being complete mess every time someone even mentions the word Nara"

"Sounds like you've had a week"

"Tell me about it, but I bet-" Fang seemed to stop mid sentence, his gaze becoming fixated on the rafters above him. His eyes widened, his tone becoming frantic.

"Rex you might wanna-"

Crash!

Rex felt the force of two figure toppling down on top of him as he took the full force of their weight. Fangs eyes widened as he watched two very confused and soon to be dead troopers sitting on the fuming captain bellow them.

"What the cookies and cream are you doing" , Harvey habit of not swearing had rubbed off on him.

"Hello commander , well you see we were just.....um testing out the ceiling vents" Fives smiled innocently.

"And" Fang gave them a look that said I now your full of crap.

"They don't work I mean who ever put them up there needs to be fired" Fives shrugged.

Nara slapped her forehead "what idiot over here is trying to say is that we lost Echo in the ships vents and now we can't find him". She sighed.

"Again" Fang groaned.

"Again" the two nodded solemnly.

"GET OFF ME"!

The two trooper squeaked as they realized whom they had sat upon.

"Hey rexter"

"You have exactly fives seconds before I strangle you" he growled slowly picking himself up.

"By the way your moving I say we at least fifteen maybe half an hour if we're lucky" Fives shrugged.

"You'll get two if you keep talking" Rex grumbled.

"I'll take what I can get" Nara said before grabbing fives by the arm and racing out of the mess hall.

Fang looked over at Rex who was covered in dust and bruises.

"You still look like hell"

"Thanks for the update Vod" Rex groaned.

*******

Throughout the day Nara Fives and later on echo had used him as a crash mat. He was now jumpy at this point spooking at everything that moved or made a noise. Suddenly he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"Hey Rex you o-"

Rex wrapped his hands around the persons wrist and flung them over his shoulder with sledge hammer force. His face becoming pale.

"General"

And that is the story of how Rex put Anakin in the Er. And how Kix gave Fives, Nara, and Echo the longest lecture of their lives.