New House and Lot

Glaiza's POV:

The new house I bought was adjacent to a vacant lot, the broker said I can use the vacant lot to plant, well at least sa portion na pinaka-malapit sa aking bahay, dahil ang kabilang portion ay sa katabing bahay. My house is at the corner of the street. There were stones dividing the vacant lot which divides it equally in between the houses.

Gabriel, the broker who sold me the big house for 3 million had just finished giving me a tour of the house, It didn't take me long to decide on buying the house, dahil sumula pa lang ng makita ko ang bahay, I was already in love and knew this is where I want to live. In fact, unang reach out ko pa lang kay Gabriel ay sinabi ko nang gusto ko ang bahay na ito at naka-handa akong bilin ito. Lumabas kami ni Gabriel sa bakanteng lote. Itinuro nya ang hati sa pagitan ng bakanteng lote at katabing bahay nito.

"Ayan, nakikita mo yung mga batong yan? Wag kang lalagpas sa linyang yan, dahil sa katabing bahay iyon." Gabriel said smiling.

"Ok, Gabriel. Tatandaan ko." I said smiling at him.

"Sige Glai, ito na ang susi sa bahay mo. Salamat for doing business with me, ipapadala ko na lang ang mga papeles sayo ha?" Gabriel said

"Sige, sige. Salamat din Gabriel." I said smiling at him.

"Mauna na ako. May isa pang client meeting eh." Gabriel said as he held out his hand.

I shook his hand and said.

"Sige, ingat ka Gabriel." I said to him.

I was left by Gabriel outside, I surveyed the vacant lot and figured I could plant a tree on my portion of the lot, tapos siguro konting mga halaman. I picked a hand shovel from my tool box sitting in my truck. I started to dig at the upper portion of the vacant lot to determine whether I could plant a tree or not.

Sa gitna ng pagbubungkal ko, may isang matigas na bagay akong tinamaan, it sounded like a can or something metallic. I stopped digging using my hand shovel and continued to dig with my hand. It was a landscape architect's protocol to this this dahil baka mamaya ay bomba ito na naitanim noong world war 2 at baka bigla itong sumabog, mahirap na.

The soil revealed it was a cylindrical can, it had a marking on it that said Rhian's Time Capsule. It must have been written by a young kid and buried in this portion of the lot. The cylinder was covered in soil and rust. Must be because of the condition of the soil. Pinagpagan ko muna ito at inilagay sa tabi.

I looked at the soil first and determined that it would grow a tree just fine. I decided to head back to the house and carried the cylinder and tools with me. The tin can cylinder was color black. Binuksan ko ang lata at chineck ang laman nito. Tumambad sakin ang isang black na jersey na may numero tres at ang pangalang Rhian. May isang piraso ng papel na nahulog pagkakuha ko sa jersey. Nakatupi ito and I picked it up and it read:

"Hello,                                                                                                                              May 11, 2005

My name is Rhian R. Howell, if you're reading this you've found my time capsule. Congratulations for finding this time capsule. I am writing you as a 14 year old who's life is in peril as I write this letter. See, I have been diagnosed with Leukemia. I don't know how much time I have left, the Doctors said anytime within 3 months from writing this letter, I may get worst and ultimately die or not. If anyone finds this, please find me. I would love to be your friend if I am still alive by then. Please return the pocket watch to me and you can keep the lucky old coin I dug up in the yard. I hope it brings you luck as much as it did in mine. I am leaving for the U.S. tomorrow, well not tomorrow per se, but tomorrow as in at the time I wrote this letter and buried my time capsule. Sorry, I tend to correct my thoughts every so often that I sound so defensive. But, I am actually a cool girl my best friend Bianca would agree. Anyway, I hope to meet you someday and please read the Diary I have included in this time capsule, the diary has my secrets that might help you find me. Good luck, Stranger!