Between Coffee and Love

Rhian's POV:

Matagal na ding hindi ako nagsusulat ng tula, parang kinalimutan ko na ang pagsulat mula nang mapangasawa ko si Jeremy. But recently, I started to write poetry again because Glaiza encouraged me. It's been a month since Glaiza and I became a thing. November 3 ngayon, monthsary namin ni Glaiza. I had a little book of photos and poetry made. Sa isang buwan, may 30 na poems ang naisulat ko about Glaiza. All of them are here in this book. It was my first monthsary gift for her, pinaghirapan ko itong ipublish with a local publishing company. I was the one who edited the whole book, while I worked in the cafe mostly. Kapag slow ang araw, I sit on one of the tables and have lunch in my cafe and write. I wrote every time she was at work or home. Just thinking about her was enough fuel to write poetry. I love Glaiza and her smile, malaki ang mga mata ni Glaiza pero nawawala kapag naka-smile siya o tumatawa. Her looks are androgynous, may side na napaka-pogi nya at may side na napaka-ganda nya.

I was busy preparing dinner for us, nasa kitchen na ako at kanina pa nagluluto ng mga ihahain ko para sa dinner. I made Fresh Lasagna and Medium Rare steaks, I also baked her a triple chocolate cake. I was getting ready to plate the Lasagna while the steak cooks in the pan. Glaiza has just arrived, she texted me while she was on her way here sa bahay. Nagpapark na siya, just in time for Dinner. Maagang nag-sara ang cafe ko for this 13th monthsary, my staff were already cleaning up for the day, the whole back yard was lit up the tables were already packed up by the staff. Tanging ang table na lang sa Gazebo ang hindi pa naka-ligpit, flower petals were scattered leading towards the gazebo, candles and light line the path going to the gazebo, lights are everywhere including my Lola Felicity's Narra Tree was lit up. I gave one of my staff the plates to be served. Samantha one of my newer staff was the one serving us tonight.

"Ako na dito Madame, go na po kayo sa Gazebo." She said smiling sweetly at me.

"Thank you Sam. Andyan na ba ang ma'am Glaiza nyo?" I asked her.

"Yes po, Ma'am Rhi." She said smiling.

"Thanks, Sam. Paki-serve na lang ang mga niluto ko." I said to her.

"Sige ho Ma'am Rhi." She said smiling.

I got out of my apron and proceeded to the back patio. Where Glaiza awaits me, she smiled the sweetest smile once she has seen me. Sinalubong ako nito at niyakap sabay halik sa noo ko.

"I miss you lablab." She said smiling.

"I miss you more lovelove." I said smiling at her.

She took me by the hand and walked me to the gazebo, we sat and upon seating my staff Sam appeared shortly to serve us our drinks first. A bottle of red wine was opened and served to us.

"Wow lab, may pa wine ka pa ha?" She said smiling.

"Syempre. I even closed shop early for you." I said smiling.

"Thank you po lab, I was not really expecting you would do this for me. The garden is really enchanting. Dahil sa vision mo kaya ko ito dinesign para sayo." She said smiling.

"Lovelove, thank you for showing me that it is possible to love again, after David and I married, I forgot about writing poetry but you reminded me I could write. So, I wrote you a book of poetry." I said to her as I handed her my gift for our first monthsary.

She unwrapped the gift and came into her view a book that I wrote for her. She smiled as she saw the book, a silhouette shot of her back was the cover. My beautiful dream was the title of the book. I managed to sneak some photos of her during those times she'd visit me, I secretly took photos of her when she worked in the backyard during the times she still worked for me as my landscape architect, lahat ng mga photos ko of her were in this book.