Endless Time

Rhian's POV:

We had a fun day today, I honestly enjoyed Glaiza's company today, para itong girl scout na laging handa. Pinag-handaan nya ang mga activities namin today. She was driving me home now, lumubog na ang araw kanina pa. The whole day felt like playing in slow motion as it unfolded. It felt like we have known each other for a long time, we were at ease, we shared silences well at least she allowed me to be silent. Tulad na lang ngayon, habang namimintana ako as she drove us home.

I have been thinking about Mom and Dad, I'll probably give them a call tonight. They must be worried about my whereabouts now, lalo hindi sila sanay na ilang linggo na akong hindi nagpaparamdam. I prepared myself mentally for this. I was already able to tell Glaiza about my situation with David.  So I know na ready na din akong magkwento kay Mommy at Daddy.

I shouldn't let David control their perception and have my own parents against me. So I have finally decided to get rid of this secret that was my past. I have Glaiza to thank for it, dahil sa mga kwento nya how tightly knit her family is, I couldn't help but feel a little jealous of what she has. I hated to admit it but I miss my Mommy Clara and Daddy Gareth. I was thinking of Mom and Dad as Glaiza drove me home when Glaiza decided to break the silence. 

"Are you alright?" She asked me. 

"Yeah. Just missing my mom and dad." I said offering her a half-smile. 

"Call them, later maybe?" She said to me.

"Yeah, it's about time I did." I replied to her. 

"Good. You should let them know what happened. Alam kong susuportahan ka ng parents mo." She said smiling.

"Paano mo naman nasabi?" I asked her. 

"Well, they fought for your life didn't they? So malamang, hindi nila hahayaang saktan ka pa ulit ni David." She said smiling brightly.

I swear to God if this woman doesn't stop smiling I might kiss the daylights out of her. Lord! Ano ba? Ano ba brain?! Stop! I shook my head of the thoughts I was having. Agad akong nag-iwas ng tingin sa bintana and pretended to be looking into my purse. I got a piece of candy from my purse and ate it. Glaiza only smiled at me and giggled softly.

"Sorry, walang dessert." She said apologetically. 

"Uy, ano ka ba, wala yun. I mean you've already done so much, from Lunch, Meryenda and Dinner. You want some candy?" I said to her. 

"Mamaya na siguro nag-dadrive kasi ako." She said and I understand that she couldn't open the candy bar and drive. 

Isinubo ko sa kanya ang candy bar na kanina lang ay kinagatan ko. She smiled mid-bite at me and said. 

"Mmmm. Thank you Rhian." She said smiling. 

"Welcome." I said smiling back at her.

Pinagmamasdan ko ang pag-nguya nya ng chocolate, she's so appealing even to a straight woman like me. Our energy is palpable, it was almost oozing out of us with every move we made. Hindi maipagkakaila na gusto namin ang isa't-isa and she was so adorable for giving me a great time today. She always found time to make me smile today and I would be dense if I said I didn't enjoy the attention she brought me. I have had some boyfriends and girlfriends myself, but Glaiza was different, she was unique because out of the dozens I dated, she was the only one who talked about her family in high regard, she was the only one who appreciated poetry as much as I did. Higit sa lahat, she was the simplest but full of effort, she prepared food for us and ate it at the picnic grove. I have not dated anyone who had put a lot of effort on our first date but her. Sa totoo lang, I'm appreciative of people who cooks for their loved ones or make their own gifts for their loved ones. She pampered me today and made me forget about the impending divorce process I would have to go through. I knew I had testify in court and recount all of the horrible things David did to me. Those horrible times he physically hurt me.