Way to love

Glaiza's POV: 

It's been a week since Rhian's birthday. Friday nanaman at heto ako, papunta na ng Batangas. I promised Rhian last week na dadalin ko siya sa Subic para magrace. Dahil maaga kami sa track bukas, I decided to have ourselves checked in at the hotel tonight, para na din bukas ay maaga kaming maka-gising at magpunta sa race track. She was so excited about it, dahil ngayon na lang ulit ito makakapag-race. All week long she was looking forward to this weekend. I honestly look forward to watching her race. Malapit na ako sa subdivison nila Rhian, I made a turn and smiled at the Guard. They gave me a salute at pina-daan sa gate. In a matter of a few minutes, I was finally in front of Rhian's house. I pulled up and found her already there with her overnight bag and purse. She smiled at me and waited for me to park my car so she could get in. Nang maka-parada na ako, sumakay na siya sa pick up truck ko, she placed a kiss on my lips before she buckles herself down in the seat. 

"Tara na lab? Wala ka bang naiwan?" I asked her. 

"Wala na love." She said smiling. 

I smiled at her and said.

"Alright off we go to Subic." I said smiling at her. 

I drove us to Subic, she played music on her phone which was connected to my bluetooth speakers. She played varying music, some artists I have never heard of, some I heard the song somewhere. She had some upbeat songs, some slow and some really cool and funky music. 

"Lab, sino mga favorite artists mo?" I asked her.

"Madami love eh, si Taylor Swift, Christina Grimmie, Kodaline, Incubus, Rivermaya." She said smiling.

"Wow, Talaga? Anong favorite mong song ng Rivermaya?" I asked her.

"214, Kisapmata and Hinahanap-hanap kita." She said smiling.

"Wow, favorite song ko ever is 241, Kisapmata at 214 din." I said smiling at her.

"Wait what's 241?" She asked me. 

"It's their song. Eto pakinggan mo." I said to her as I reached for her phone on the charging dock and typed 241 by Rivermaya.

She listened to the song as it began playing as we made our way down Batangas going to SLEX. She listened to a song for love that was no longer yours, I couldn't help but remember the days we were not yet allowed to be together, those days where only I know my love for her. Masakit man sa akin yun, I knew it was the right choice to love her and be with her and to wait for her. It was a tough 4 months, dahil madalas kaming mag-away, Rhian is a good woman, however she has a short fuse at minsan nakaka-pag salita ito ng hindi maganda. Minor lang naman, madalas kasi nakaka-limutan ko that she was raised in a Western way by her parents, where she often doesn't consider kung nakaka-sakit na ba ito o hindi, basta na lang nya sasabihin kung anong iniisip nya. Which I learned to love about her, every quirk and everything about her I have long loved and accepted. She bobs her head to the beat as she listened to this song, smiling at the memory of someone perhaps in her past.

"Love, alam mo bang si Bianca ang nag-introduce sa akin sa music ng Rivermaya? Back when we were in Grade school, it was her favorite band ever kahit na bawal namin pakinggan yung ibang mga kanta nila." she said as she laughed at the memory.

"Talaga ba lab?" I said to her. 

"Yes, I remember we would buy their albums and then play it with our Walkmans, tape pa noon love-love, hanggang eventually naging CD." She said nostalgically at the memory. 

"Yeah, I remembered." I said to her. 

"Gosh, if Mom and Dad knew what I was listening back then, siguro eh pinalo na nila ako." She said laughing.

"Hindi ba nila chineck ang mga binibili mo?" I asked her with my brow furrowing at her.

"Nope, they just pretty much gave me money to buy stuff I wanted. I remember listening to other Filipino Artists din, doon ako natutong mag-mura." She said laughing.

"Oh no!" I said feigning worry.

"Yes love, I was 12 Bianca and I. Bianca was already staying here, she would always chat me on Yahoo Messenger, sharing stories of how our day went. We used to live in London, then on the 5th grade lumipat sila sa Pilipinas for good." She said smiling. 

"And then you followed her two years later?" I said to her. 

"Mmmmhhhmmm! Yes. But had to leave for the US dahil nga sa treatments ko." She said to me. 

"Oo naalala ko nga, naisulat mo iyon sa diary mo." I said to her. 

"Sometimes I keep forgetting that I chronicled that in the diary, gahd! Pero, I'm glad you found me." She said to me. 

"Yeah, I'm glad I found you lab lab." I said smiling at her. 

We were in a traffic jam going to SLEX, we stopped by a convenience store to buy some snacks and drinks as we continued to drive into the late night. Nagstop-over muna kami sa Cavite to buy the snacks and drinks. Because the traffic is so long and we were going to get stuck in the this jam for quite sometime. We got back to my truck with bags of food and drinks in hand. I continued to drive to Subic. Nagpapasounds lang kami ni Rhian as I drove.

"Sino pang favorite artist mo love?" She asked me.

"Hindi mo sila kilala eh, pero I like Session Road, December Avenue and I belong to the zoo. Yan, mga pinaka-bagong OPM Artists ang December Avenue at I belong to the zoo." I said to her.

"You don't like anyone foreign?" She asked me.

I smiled at her and said.

"I like some foreign artists, parang sina Lauv, Arc North and Polar Bearz and Troye Sivan." I said smiling at her.

"Talaga? Try listening to HONNE, Jeremy Zucker, MAX. You'll love their music." She said to me.

"Okay, but try listening to Ben&Ben, Peryodiko and Up Dharma Down, wait, peram ng phone mo." I said to her.

She hands me her phone and I typed on her Google Play Music App, Indak by Up Dharma Down first. She listens intently to the music that played as I drove. Gumagalawa naman ang pababa sa SLEX. Pero makupad ang takbo namin, kung baga kung racing ito kanina pa kami talo. 

"Love, ang ganda nito. Anong title nito?" She said as she listened intently to the song. 

"Indak by Up Dharma Down tapos merong isang banda ang sumulat ng kanta as a response to this song." I told her. 

"Talaga? Which band is it?" She asked me. 

"Peryodiko." I answered her. 

Once the song finished playing, I typed once again the title of the song on her app. The song by Peryodiko called Tayo lang ang may alam started to play.  She listens intently to the song sometimes bopping her head to the beat of the music. We continued our trip to Subic, play various music genres and swapping stories. The night is young, it's only 9 P.M. and we have one more hour to go to get to Subic. Mahaba-habang drive pa ang iindahin namin ni Rhian. 

A/N:

This chapter is dedicated to Vi_AndreA , I hope you are doing well now, guys, please send her your love and thoughts as they recently experienced flooding in Venice, Italy. Ingat ka Bella at salamat for inspiring me to write this story. Ikaw talaga ang dahilan bakit ko kinayang mag-sulat kahit busy. 

To the rest of the readers, pasensiya na talaga at hindi ko na-update ito on time for the weekend. I recently had a thing at work that I needed to deal with. Dealt with it and I am back on track! Salamat for your understanding and the support you're all giving me on the previous stories I wrote here. Salamat! 

Spread light and love folks! 

- Sky