Smooth sailing

Glaiza's POV:

It's been a few months since Rhian and I had a fight, ang pinaka-huli ay noong naka-lipas na dalawang buwan, when we made up and laid some ground rules. Hindi pa din kami ni Rhian, we're still discovering our quirks and other things you would normally know about a partner. Like her likes and dislikes and other things that could make or break a relationship. I haven't formally courted her yet or even asked her out on a formal date. It's been a few months now, magpapasko na pero hindi pa din kami nagfoformal date. Now, usually hindi umaabot ng ganito katagal ang pakikipagkaibigan ko sa mga exes ko noon, maybe this was why all of my relationships ended badly.

It's Friday at bukas, Sabado ang Birthday ni Rhian. October 3, Bianca contacted me to tell me she was preparing a surprise birthday party for Rhian. Kaya papunta na ako sa Batangas. But first, I picked up a few items for the party, a nice bouquet of white roses and pink stargazers, several bottles of the finest wine, a triple chocolate cake from her favorite bakeshop and finally my gift for her which was a rose gold watch from her favorite jewelry shop.

Bianca had shared with me some ideas for what gifts Rhian would love and one of them is a watch. She mentioned a couple of stores and brands Rhian loves. Rhian is a simple woman, dahil wala ni isa sa mga brands na gusto nya ang nagkakahalaga ng more than five thousand pesos ang bawat piraso. Five thousand is the highest price point for every piece of Jewelry or article of clothing, shoes and bags. Most of all, they were local start ups, made in the Philippines by a Filipino Designer. I planned to ask her officially tonight as we celebrate her Birthday salubong Bianca had organized. The party will start at 8 P.M. We'll have dinner first and then the party is on para salubungin ang birthday ni Rhian, then more partying into the night. I explicitly told Bianca that I am not much of a drinker, nagpa-umanhin na ako sa kanya if I will refuse the shots she'll be serving tonight. To which she thankfully allowed me to pass. It's 7:30 P.M. when I arrived at the designated resort at Calatagan, Batangas. Bianca was the one who opened the gate for me, since I called her to let her now I was about to turn the corner and arrive, sabi ko madami din akong dala. 

Bianca waved me over at a parking spot inside the resort. Once I parked, I opened my door and got down. Nag-beso muna kami ni Bianca and hugged as well before she lets me go and we got the three cases of wine I had. 

"Baby, help naman please!" I heard Bianca shout to Margaux. 

Margaux popped up outside and got one of the cases of wine from Bianca. We piled towards the door and entered the house, I was lead to the back where the decorations are underway and about to be done, I see other people in there. Bianca introduced me to them quickly. 

"Guys! Attention, this is Glaiza, Rhian's Special Guest." Bianca said laughing the others followed suit. 

"Excuse me lang, may kukunin pa akong mga gamit sa kotse ko, I'll be back in a bit." Pagpapaalam ko sa kanila. 

I went back to my car and got the cake, the bouquet of flowers, while the watch was already in my jacket pocket. I moved quickly into the house and set down the cake on the table near Bianca. Bianca smiled at me as they continued to hang the last piece of the decoration. Then they converged at the table and was introduced to me my Bianca one by one.

"Glaiza, this is our friends: Danica, Madelleine, Paula, Andre, Jason and Chris. Mga Life long friends namin ni Rhian." Bianca said smiling at the bunch.

They all waived at me and offered their hands to shake mine. I shook each of their hands.

"Nice to meet you all." I said to them.

"Alright everyone, in a few minutes Rhian will be arriving na, she thinks this is a meeting for a potential café catering. Thank you everyone for coming, let's have fun and celebrate Rhian." Bianca said before giving each one with party poppers and horns.