Race Day

Rhian's POV:

Glaiza woke me at around 7 a.m. to have breakfast and get ready to go to the racing track. Nasa track na kami currently we signed up for half day ride through the circuit. I've met one of the teams currently on practice, they allowed me to drive for their spare car for half of the day. I was dressed in their team's racing suit. I climbed the car and together with Glaiza as my passenger. She was dressed in a similar fashion, naka-helmet din ito tulad ng suot ko. The helmet had a built in Microphone so we can talk to the guys in the garage in case we needed repairs on the car.

"Ready ka na love?" I asked her. 

"Ready lab." She said cheerfully. 

"Alright, here we go." I said to her as I eased the car in the starting line.

"Rhian, we're ready when you are." 

The guys at the garage said. 

"Yes, I'm ready." I said back to the guys. 

"You'll have 2 laps for the mean time, going up against our main car." Hannah the chief mechanic said. 

"Gotcha chief." I said to her.

"Get your engines ready." Hannah said

Both cars revved up their engines, I got my gear ready.

"3... 2... 1... Go!" Hannah said over the headphones. 

I went ahead and released the break as I stepped into the gas pedal. We went off from 0 km/pH to 70 km/pH. I switched to a different gear while I still stepped into the gas pedal. Steadily increasing the speed from 70 to 100 km/pH. I looked quickly to Glaiza's side and didn't see the other car. I looked up the rear view mirror and saw that the car was 500 meters behind me but was quickly gaining. I switched another gear and stepped on the gas yet again as I prepared to make another turn at the circuit. I looked up the rear view mirror and saw that I was far away from the other car. One lap is about to end, I went ahead and stepped on the gas pedal raising my speed from 120 to 140 km/pH as I made a final turn. I got past the first lap and continued to drive to the next lap. Reducing my speed from 140 to 120 km/pH as I drove to the next lap. 

"Love okay ka lang ba?" I said to Glai. 

"Y-yes lab. Okay na okay." She answered me.

I switched the gear yet again and my speed climbed to 150 km/pH for the finish. I was far away from the other car, I crossed the next lap. A flag went down to Glaiza's side. I kept my speed at 150, the car had a top speed of 250. Which I won't go for dahil kabang-kaba na ang girlfriend ko. I crossed the second lap and eased into finishing the lap. A few moments and we were back at the garage. Hannah was in awe with me.

"Oh my God, Rhian?! You were marvelous out there." Hannah said.

"Hindi naman. Nagkataon lang siguro." I said to her.

"Ace driver ang nagdadrive nung main namin, hindi nagpapatalo yun si Bryan." Singit ng isa pang mechanic na si Chino.

"Yeah, meaning you beat him." Hannah said.

"Glai, hanep ang galing netong girlfriend mo girl!" Hannah greeted Glaiza.

Hannah and Glaiza knew each other as they were both scholars of Don Martin Allegre. Hannah worked for Don Allegre's own racing team. The man love cars and racing, so they entered the Philippines' racing circuit. Tulad ng sabi ko noon, Don Allegre was a big businessman in the Philippines his company Allegre Industries span from Landscaping, Property Development, Hotels and Auto Repair Garage.