Rhian's Sleepless Night

Rhian's POV:

I couldn't sleep, partly because I have been thinking of Glai, David and our marriage. How wrong it was to have a crush on a lipstick lesbian and how wrong it was to pursue because David. David will be furious if he found out that I am cultivating these feelings for Glaiza. Sa kabilang banda naisip kong ano bang paki ko kung malaman nya? Because Glai is a better person than he was. I laid in bed, listening to music when I received a message from Glaiza. 

Glaiza: Hey, are you up? 

Me: Yeah.. Couldn't sleep.

Glaiza: Can I ask you out on a road trip? 

Me: Nasan ka na ba? 

Glaiza: In front of your house. Look.

I rose from bed at sumilip ako sa bintana and true enough there she was, standing at naka-sandal sa pinto ng kanyang pick-up truck. She smiled at me and waived at me.

Glaiza: So, will you come with me to the North? 

Me: I've never been to the North, save for Baguio. 

Glaiza: Sasama ka ba? 

Me: Sure. Let me just get dressed. I'm wearing nighties right now.

Glaiza: Great. I'll wait for you. 

I got dressed in my tank top and shorts, I put on a pull over hoodie from Boston University. Boston University had the color Red and Black or Red and Gray Hoodies. Mine was Red and Black with a print in front that says Boston University and a cartoon of Rhett the Boston Terrier our University's Mascot. I tied my hair up in a bun, I got my phone, power bank and my purse before I went out. I got the keys to my house off the counter near the front door. Pag-bukas ko ng gate, nakita ko sa tapat ng gate ko si Glaiza, she smelled like alcohol. I looked at the time on my phone and determined it was 12:30 A.M. She shouldn't be driving anymore than she had coming back here. I took her by the hand at pinapasok siya sa loob. She wreaks of alcohol and couldn't even stand on her own anymore. She's insane to drive back here. I brought her to my room and made her lay down on the bed. Agad kong tinawag si Rachel mula sa kwarto ko sa taas. 

"Rachel!!! Tulong!" I screamed out loud.

Maya-maya lang, Rachel came into view together with her husband Andrew. 

"Ate Rhian?" Rachel asked me. 

"Paki-gawan nga ako ng Instant Noodles please, pati na din ng mainit na Gatas at isang basong malamig na tubig."

Glai tried to stand up and said.

"Hey, we're going on a road trip." She said and she was so out of it. 

"No, you're not going anywhere. You're staying there." I said to her a little firmly. 

"Pero sabi mo sasama ka diba?" Glai asked me curiously. 

"Not like this Glai. Now, please sit back and behave." I said to her.

Glai sat back on the bed, her head was down, I got up from the bed to get her some clothes to change into. Once I turned back to give her a shirt and shorts, she was sitting on the bed and sobbing. Impit lang ang pag-iyak nito, she was silently heaving. 

"Hey, why are you crying?" I asked her. 

She wouldn't answer me, she buried her head down. 

"Hey... What's wrong?" I asked her as I lifted her chin up. 

I wiped the tears that fell from her eyes, she smiled weakly at me.

"R-Rhian, I have something to tell you." She said.