Lunch with her parents

Rhian's POV:

I sat beside Glaiza, directly across her parents. Tatay Boy and Nanay Cristy. Nakaka-tense ang parents ni Glaiza, because they both looked so serious, probably because they had a tough life. Pero ramdam ko naman ang pag-welcome nila sa akin. They were warm and friendly, not as hostile as I imagined them to be kanina. Noong papunta pa lang ako sa bahay nila Glai, iniisip ko baka magalit sila kay Glaiza at sa akin. I was prepared to get here and ask Glaiza for forgiveness.

"Ano nga ika ang natapos mo sa kolehiyo?" Tanong ni Tatay Boy.

"Botany ho, o ang siyensya ng mga halaman po." I answered him.

"Talaga ba? Anong trabaho mo?" Nanay Cristy asked.

"Magtatayo ho ako ng kapehan sa bahay ng lola ko." I answered her.

"Maige ngang may business kang sarili kesa mangamuhan, konti na lang ang mga boss na tulad ng boss ko dati." Sabi ni Nanay Cristy.

"Oo nga ho. Mabait talaga si Don Allegre, naikwento sa akin ni Glaiza." I said to her.

I was thankful na hindi sila nagtatanong kung single ba ako o may asawa na o kung may anak. I wouldn't know, what and how to answer. Glaiza ate heartily, smiling at her  parents.

"Tay, pwede ho ba kaming lumabas ni Rhian mamaya?" Pagpapaalam ni Glaiza. 

"Pwede naman, basta umuwi ka kaagad ha? Wag ka nang magpapa-umaga." Tatay Boy said. 

"Opo Tay." Glaiza answered Tatay Boy. 

Hindi ko alam kung saan ako balak dalhin ni Glaiza, but I had the free time today. Wala namang schedule na kailangang sundin. Tapos na ako na mag-set up para sa Restaurant ko, I will open it on Monday. Which is why I am here, para imbitahan si Glaiza sa opening ng La Belle Sognare. The lunch continued and we talked some topics here and there. Madami akong nadiskubre kay Glaiza, dahil na din sa pambubuko ng Tatay at Nanay nya by the end of lunch, Glaiza's face was red because of embarrassment from all the stories her Tatay and Nanay told me. Apparently, Glaiza plays the guitar and sings a lot when she was younger. Nakuha nya daw ang pagka-hilig sa music sa kanyang nanay at tatay. Glaiza made me wait sa sala nila, her father and mother sat as we watched Television. Simpleng tao ang mga magulang ni Glaiza, magagaling maki-sama at maki-bagay. I was thankful there were no questions about my background, dahil nga kinakabahan ako sa magiging tingin nila kung malaman nila na may asawa na ako at nagpapa-annull ng kasal. I don't know but there are people who think those getting an annulment are people who were never ready to be married or maybe lumandi kasi or makati. It's a toxic assumption to be quite honest, because they don't know the struggle of having to deal with someone you didn't expect who'd hurt you. It is a surreal moment to be honest, dahil ako mismo, ni hindi ko na-imagine na ganun pala ang ugali ni David. 

Glaiza emerged into the living room, her hair still wet from the bath she must have took earlier. Nag-bless ito kela Nanay at Tatay at tsaka nya sinabing.

"Alis na po kami Tay." She said smiling. 

Nagbless din ako kela Nanay at Tatay at nag-paalam na din sa kanila. 

"Maraming salamat ho sa tanghalian, mauuna na ho kami ni Glai. Don't worry po, 10 PM po babalik na ho kami." I said to them. 

"Sige hija. Mag-iingat ka sa pagmamaneho mo." Tatay and Nanay said in chorus. 

"Don't worry po." I said smiling. 

Glaiza took my hand at hinila na ako palabas sa pinto. Dali-dali siyang lumabas ng gate at isinara na ito. Hinatak ako nito pa-kaliwa ng gate nya, she turns to me quickly and said. 

"This was your home." She said as she points out the gate.

Ibang-iba na ang gate our gate used to be color black, the gate was high and covers the view of what was inside, now the gate is painted gold, the house could be seen through the gate. I was saddened that the new owner turned our yard into parking spaces for his or her luxury cars, wala na ang dating garden na inalagaan ko at ako pa mismo ang nagtanim. I must have been pouting at the scene because Glaiza asked me worriedly. 

"Hey, what's wrong?" She asked me. 

"They didn't keep my garden." I said pouting. 

"Oh.. I-I'm sorry." She said to me. 

I walked back to her gate and opened my car she followed me. 

"Rhi, I'm sorry. I thought matutuwa ka kasi nakita mo ang dating bakuran nyo." She said to me.

I sighed and said. 

"It's okay. It's not your fault." I said smiling weakly at her. 

She was silent and kept her head down mostly. 

"Listen, I want to invite you for the opening of La Belle Sognare on Monday." I said to her habang naka-sandal kami sa likuran ng kotse ko. 

"Sige, puntahan kita sa Monday." She said to me. 

"Glai, pasyal tayo." I said to her. 

"Sure, anong gusto mo gawin?" She said to me. 

"Tara, manood tayo ng sine at mag-arcade." I said to her. 

"Tara." She said. 

Sumakay na kami sa kotse ko and I drove to the nearest mall, sa Ayala South Park. Which was 15 Minutes away from Glaiza's place. It was an old mall, andito na ito since bata pa lamang kami ni Bianca. Glaiza was silent the whole time, probably still thinking about the old house I lived in. 

"Hey, why are you so quiet?" I asked her. 

"W-wala. I'm sorry talaga kanina, kala ko kasi matutuwa kang makita yung dating bahay ninyo." She said dejectedly.

"It's not your fault. Asshole lang siguro talaga yung may-ari ng bagong bahay namin." I said to her smiling. 

"Well, nakilala ko na siya. Dentista siya." Glai said. 

"Ok naman ba siya?" I asked her. 

"Seemed like it." She answered. 

"Salamat nga pala for showing me our old yard." I said smiling at her.

"Walang ano man, salamat din at pinuntahan mo ako sa bahay." She said smiling. 

I parked the car in the parking area ng mall and got down with her, careful not to show any affection because I am still being followed through David's Orders. We proceeded to the arcade and played some arcade games. It was fun to play at an arcade, Glai tried her luck on the toy crane and got me a stuffed panda, I teased her saying kamuka nya yung stuffed panda na binigay nya sa akin which is why I named him G-Panda. After naming mag-arcade we bought snacks and went to see a movie. 

A/N:

Happy weekend guys!!! Salamat kay Author Vi_AndreA, she inspires me to write every day. Every chapter in this story is dedicated to her. Yiiiiiiiiii!!! Sana ay maging doctor na siya. 

Sa lahat, madaming salamat po sa suporta ninyo. I recently found myself writing a sequel to one of my stories here entitled Sophia. Nasa point of view naman ito ng kanyang asawa na si Amara (GDC) so, we'll see where that one goes. Salamat po ulit! 

Spread light and love! 

- Sky