Reconciliation

Rhian's POV:

I haven't spoken to Glaiza yesterday and I was not expecting to see her here today. Pero pagka-bukas pa lang ng gate, nagulat ako nang makita ko si Glaiza. Naka-tayo sa labas ng gate. 

"Rhian, nag-punta ako dito para humingi ng tawad sa iyo. I am sorry because I didn't speak to you, I took your joke personally and just lost interest in talking altogether. Na-offend ako sa joke mo. Sineryoso ko yun, pero hayaan mo naman akong bumawi sayo. I'll work for you today." She said smiling weakly. 

I was touched with her gesture, I let her in and got out of my apron and handed it to her with out saying a word. It's too early to be open, to be quite honest it was as if my foot was urging me to open the gate and there she was. She puts on the apron and gets to work, she arranges the tables. Ibinaba nya ang mga upuan na naka-taob sa ibabaw ng mga tables. I whipped up a breakfast for her, I cooked her my breakfast pasta topped with a sunny side up egg and bacon. The pasta was cooked like you would a Carbonara, instead of getting the bacon in along with the sauce, it was fried and another egg was topped on top along with melted american cheese. I also prepared her coffee like how she likes it. Ipinatong ko na ang breakfast nya sa isa sa mga table na inayos nya kani-kanina lang. Then arranged my plate of the same breakfast and my black coffee. 

"Kumain ka muna Glai." I said to her as she was still busy laying tables out on the lawn. 

She looks over to me and smiled at me. 

"Saglit lang, aayusin ko lang to. Isang table na lang." She said to me. 

She quickly grabbed the chairs and set it down before she goes to sit with me. 

"Salamat Rhian." I heard her say.

I sighed and ate my breakfast pasta, chewing it carefully before swallowing.

"I forgive you. But we need to lay some ground rules." I said to her after kong sumubo ng isa. 

"Yes, I agree." She said to me. 

"Okay, so here are my rules: 1. When I say I am sorry, I mean it and you can rest assured it won't happen again. 2. When you say sorry, you have to know why you're saying sorry. 3. You need to understand that I was raised most of my life in the United States and in the United Kingdom, so my humor could sometimes offend Filipinos, so please bear with me. 4. Stop picking fights for me, I can kick ass, you don't believe me then watch me. 5. You are allowed not to speak to me for 3 days and that's the maximum, if you don't want to talk to me longer you can just say so. 6. Never go to sleep with out talking to each other, kahit na cold ka or wala ka sa mood, talk to me because I want to talk to you and fix things. 7. Don't keep things in, masama yan, baka magka-heart attack ka. 8. I like you no, I love you but I'm not yet ready because I just ended an abusive marriage 9 Months ago. 9. Please be patient with me, I am trying for you. 10. Stop being hormonal okay? Kung meron ka sabihin mo sakin para hindi ako nagmumukang tanga nagpapapansin sayo." I said to her. 

She giggles a little at the rules I said to her.

"Okay.. Okay. I'll follow those rules. I have four rules and they are as follows: 1. Tell me what's wrong with how I dealt with things. 2. Allow me to be silent for a few hours, the reason is I don't want to talk and say something that may hurt you. 3. I like you so much no, I love you so much and I am going to keep my word. 4. I promise to always communicate to you what I need and want from you." She said smiling. 

"Apat lang talaga? Oh God I think I have so many rules." I said to her. 

"No, you deserve to have those rules in place. I mean you've been very patient with me and my hormones." She said jokingly.