Ch 8: Detective Russia on The Scene // The Investigation

An hour earlier...

Russia sighed when he got outside. He hadn't caught up to America after the meeting. The little blyat had run away before Russia could catch up with him. The shorter country was surprisingly fast.

Russia went to his car. Unlike America, he didn't have a fancy driver, he's just renting a car for the week and a half. Russia got inside the car and started to drive away, worried. He and America never liked each other, but Russia couldn't help but worry. He was curious about what was happening to the smaller country.

 Russia needed alcohol, he had been sober for so long that he was actually starting to pay attention to that annoyance.

Russia got to the hotel and went to the apartment he decided to share with two of his siblings: Ukraine and Belarus. It was just easier to share the big apartments so it wasn't lonely. It was right next to America's, too- room number 1774. Russia went inside his own apartment to find it all neat and clean. Russia suddenly thought about how there's no way America would keep his apartment clean, but quickly shook the thought away. Ukraine was sitting on the couch, holding his phone and smiling to himself. He was probably texting someone. As to who, Russia didn't know and Russia didn't think Ukraine wanted him to know. Russia went up to his kitchen cupboard to find his vodka. He finally found a bottle and grabbed it. He was about to open it and take a swig when he hesitated. Russia thought he heard something. It kind of sounded like a muffled sob.

Russia looked around, Ukraine wasn't the one who sobbed and Belarus was out in New York doing whatever. He was about to shrug it off as him being insane until he heard the noise again, this time it was a little bit louder. Russia searched for the source of the noise, but the noise didn't happen again. Russia didn't know where the noise came from, but he decided he'll find out so that he won't be interrupted while drinking his vodka. He did feel bad for whoever it was that was crying, but he was also too sober for this sh*t.

Russia went out into the hallway band low and behold, Finland was right there. Did Russia mention how much he dislikes Finland? Yeah, Russia and Finland aren't exactly best buds. They argue about alcohol, the winter war, sports, basically everything. Russia never liked the dude, and he was right there, flirting with Estonia.

See, Russia has a big family with around 14 siblings and, as the oldest, he is super protective of each and every one of them. Estonia just happens to be Russia's sister and Finland was flirting with her right there, exactly in front of Russia's apartment. This definitely wasn't Finland's best decision. Russia quickly became mad. Estonia was laughing and giggling at Finland's flirts when she finally noticed Russia. She went deathly silent and started mouthing something along the lines of "no" and "don't you dare" to Russia. Finland eventually noticed her expression and turned to look at what she was looking at. He turned around to see an angry Russian that was having none of this. Finland's smile dropped. He looked scared, just how Russia likes it.

Russia rolled up his sleeves and got ready to ward off a certain nordic country.

---x---

Long story short, Finland won't be pulling that again. Estonia had watched the full thing, trying to prevent the fight. When it was over, Estonia looked at her elder brother, a frustrated expression clear on her face, "Russia, what the hell was that for?!"

Russia simply gave her a look, "I had to stop him from flirting with you! You know how much Finland has wronged us!"

"Wronged us?" Estonia replied, quickly growing mad herself. "No. He wronged отец (father), Russia, not us. Open your eyes, we're not him! We don't have to follow through on his grudges anymore! Why can't you see that?!" That's when tears came to her eyes, but she quickly wiped them away. She turned away from Russia, sighing, "Why can't you see that?..."