Ch 9: A Worried Mother // The Wilting Flower

France closed the door as Russia left, probably to go to his other neighbor. France was confused. Crying? Who was crying? France went up to the couch in the middle of her shared apartment with her husband Britain and sat down on it.

She looked at Britain, who was sitting in a chair near the window reading an old book. "Mon Cher (My dear), do you know who is in room 1776?"

Britain looked up from his book, thought about it for a little bit, and then responded, "I believe it's America in that room. Why do you ask, darling?"

France started to get worried, why was Amérique (America) crying? It must have been him who Russia heard. France really was justified in her worry, too. Earlier, she had noticed America falling asleep at the meeting- he's never done that before- and told Britain about her worries after the meeting; but, her husband had shrugged it off as 'normal America.' France started talking about her worries to Britain again.

"Mon Cher? You heard what Russia was asking about, Oui (Yes)?"

"Of course I did."

"Do you think Amérique was the one crying?"

Britain frowned at that. "You think so? I don't think he's the type to cry."

"Maybe it's a really serious problem! My poor bébé (baby)!" France was about to go run to America's room when Britain grabbed her hand. France turned around at the sudden contact.

"I'm sure America is fine, darling. I know my son is a strong young man, just like me," Britain smiled.

France raised her eyebrow at that, "You mean just like what you used to be, mon cher?"

Britain chuckled at that, "I'm not old, France."

"You sure sound old to me."

They continued smiling and teasing each other for a while until France had mostly calmed down. They eventually sat down on the couch and France was tempted to stay there with her amour (love), but her motherly instincts were too strong. Even though America wasn't her real son, she would forever see him as her bébé and needed to make sure he was ok. Britain agreed to her decision (even though he didn't think it was that serious) so that her mind would be at peace. He even decided to make dinner for both of them while France checked on America.

France left their room and headed towards America's room in a hurry. She had already waited long enough. She rang America's doorbell and he answered, saying, "Russia I don't want to tal-" He paused and it finally processed in his brain that his mom was outside his door, not Russia. "Mom? What are you doing here?"

"Mon bébé! Je suis inquiet pour toi Depuis Que la Russie est arrivée chez nous plus tôt dans la journée! Est ce que ça va? As-tu Besoin d'aide? (My baby! I've been worried about you ever since Russia came to our door earlier today! Are you okay? Do you need help?)"

America blinked for a few seconds and then said, "Mom, I'm completely fine. What about Russia coming to your door?"

France answered, "He came to our door earlier today asking if your père (father) or I were crying."

France could've sworn she heard America lightly curse at that.

"Mon fils, may I come in?"

"Why?"

France narrowed her eyes at that. Why would Amérique ask that? It's like he doesn't want her inside- What is going on with her son? Is there something he's hiding from her inside of his apartment? "I want to make sure you're ok."

"I'm fine, mom."

"Amérique, please let me in." France replied, a serious tone creeping in on her voice.