Ch 14: Slowing Down // The New Tormentor

"Of course we're real friends, Америка," Russia said with a smile.

America smiled to himself, wiping away the remnants of his emotional breakdown a few moments before. He'd rather not talk about it. Or explain it. America forced his voice to sound as normal as possible, plastering a smile on his face, "Thanks, Russ."

Russia gave America a surprised look and quickly looked away, "What's with the nickname?"

"I mean, why not? We're friends now, aren't we?" America responded. Though he didn't show it, America started getting worried, maybe he's making Russia uncomfortable, he probably just messed everything up-

Instead, Russia looked back at America, a smile on his face, "Fair point, Meri."

America's eyes narrowed, "Why is my nickname all... girly?"

"Probably because you seem like a bottom."

America's face whipped to Russia and he stood up to face Russia, "That's not true!"

Russia started laughing. America's face held a mixture of betrayal, disbelief, and shock. That only made Russia crack up more. America huffed, "You're mean."

"No- it's just- your face-" Russia said in between laughs. He couldn't believe how much he was enjoying his time with America.

"Yeah, yeah, I get it, it's funny."

"Oh, don't be mad, Meri, I'm sure you'll fix your bottom woes in no time."

America, closing his eyes and starting to feel a little mad, responded, "And I'm sure you'd just laugh at me along the way."

"Oh?" Russia smirked, catching on to America's mistake, "Are you admitting that you are a bottom?"

America's eyes shot open and his face could only be described as an angry tomato. Or potato. Whichever you preferred. America would've made an angry comment if it weren't for...

"Pahahahahaha!" America heard the cruel cackle of CPR's laugh. America froze and at that moment he was unable to hide the terror that flashed across his face.

Unfortunately for America, Russia noticed that flash of terror in America's face, immediately starting to feel worried for his friend. "Америка? Are you ok?"

Russia's voice seemed to snap America out of his moment of terror. America immediately put a fake smile on his face, "Y-yeah, I'm fine. Just remembered something."

"What, remember that I exist?"

'Not now, CPR.' America thought, trying to test and see if CPR could hear his thoughts.

"Pfft, you can't stop me. I thought we established this already, moron." America noted in his mind that CPR could hear his thoughts. This makes things ten times worse.

America felt irritated at CPR's comment too, but he kept a smile on his face so that he wouldn't worry Russia. America still doesn't want to bother his new friend with his problems- that would be too much to ask when they aren't even that close.

Russia gave America a look, "Are you sure about that?"

"Yeah, are you sure about that, America? Oh right, you're going to push me away like everyone else~" CPR commented, mocking Russia.

'Shut up,' America thought, snapping at CPR. CPR only laughed in response.

"Америка?" Russia asked, shaking America on the shoulders a little bit.

"H-huh?" America stuttered, a little surprised. He was focusing too much on what CPR was saying.

Russia sighed, his face showing worry. America felt a pain of guilt in his heart. "I asked, are you sure about that, Америка?"