Ch 15: Спокойной ночи, Америка // The Denier

Thursday.

America decided he'd start counting the days. I mean, why not? Once Saturday came, America could go home. He wouldn't have to pretend to be happy 24/7, which is what he found himself doing way too often recently.

America woke up on his couch. He honestly didn't want to get up that morning. He had to sit there for at least 20 minutes, convincing himself that yes, he did want to go to the meeting today. America got up grudgingly and changed into a suit. Because he was too lazy, America didn't wear a tie. He did, however, once again make sure his cracks are covered. He didn't want to worry his friends and family. They didn't need to know.

America made sure he headed out early because he didn't want Russia to waste his time on him again if he was late. He also simply wanted to walk to the meeting place. The meeting started at 10:00 AM. It was 9:00 AM. He had time since the walk took 40 minutes. Now, you may ask why the hotel is that far away, but it really isn't. The drive is only 10 minutes, it's the walk that's really long. But America didn't mind, he needed time to think anyway.

When he got to the place where the meeting was held, America noticed he still had about 15 minutes to do whatever. America looked to see if someone else was as early as he was. Germany was in his seat, of course he was. America put on a smile and went up to Germany, "Hey, Germ."

"You know I hate that nickname, Amerika," Germany responded with a sigh.

"I know."

Germany looked up at America and raised an eyebrow, setting some- not all, mind you- of his papers aside. "So, what is it, Amerika?"

"Ouch, did you just assume that I came to you for a political reason? For your information, I just wanted to talk." America faked being offended.

Germany smiled, "Maybe. So, how come you're so early? Usually, the only people that come here this early are UK, China, North Korea, and me."

America chuckled, "Of course my dad is here this early. I'm here this early because I woke up early, as simple as that."

They both heard the sound of the door opening and saw North Korea enter the meeting room with China right after him. North Korea narrowed his eyes at America and went to his seat. China, meanwhile, didn't really show any emotion. He glanced towards North Korea when he started moving towards his seat, but other than that he stayed still for a few seconds. Then, China smiled slightly at America and headed to his own seat.

"Well that was weird," America commented.

Germany nodded, and they continued their conversation. Poland joined them at some point, but they kept talking until it was almost time for the meeting to start.

The meeting was pretty uneventful until the topic of nuclear weapons came up. They had already talked about it, but this time UN was asking North Korea to start decreasing his supply of nuclear bombs, just like everyone else. Oh, that made North mad. North was probably about to go into some really big and heated argument with UN right then and there when America interrupted.

"It's only fair you do, too. Everyone else with nuclear weapons is doing it." That was a big mistake.

North almost immediately turned his anger onto America. "Oh, of course you'd butt in, capitalist pig. You don't seem to understand what's your problem and what's someone else's."

"Well excuse me if I'm trying to help keep world peace-"

"Tell that to the people you're probably killing right now." North interrupted, a calm fury hidden in his eyes now.

America didn't know how to respond, he was at a loss for words. How was he supposed to respond to that? Luckily, Russia responded for America, saving America from trying to reply himself.