Ch 33: Those spiteful red eyes \ The "emergency plan"

In what was once America's mindscape, one lone figure stood, knife in hand. Gazing around the void, he waited. But he was waiting for far too long. He heard a whisper in his ear. Actually, a series of growls would be more accurate. It yearned. The figure's eyes narrowed to slits as he gradually understood its call and its frustration, feeling the same anger and frustration building up inside himself.

He wasn't here.

The lone figure's eye twitched and, baring his teeth in an ugly scowl, yelled out, "THAT FUCKING BASTARD!"

--x--

Hearing America's blood-curdling scream, pure horror and concern flooded Russia as he quickly separated from their hug to see what was happening. By the time he did that, however, America fell limp and Russia felt his heart drop, quickly recognizing what was happening. Quickly setting America down so that he could help, Russia started yelling for help and quickly looked around at the floor to make sure there was nothing dangerous, getting ready to perform CPR. Just as he was about to go through the steps, however, Russia was trampled over by someone, being pushed back towards the wall. Where there had been no one other than America a few seconds earlier, there were now about fifty people. Their heights varied drastically, but they were all much shorter than Russia, generally being around the height of most European countries, with only one exception.

But what scared Russia the most was that he couldn't see America's body anymore. But, who were these people? Realization dawned on Russia. America was a union, right? Then that must mean that these people made up his union. Russia was pretty sure Canada called them states. Seeing a familiar blue box among the crowd, Russia shoved through the states, reaching America, who was unconscious on the floor, a few nearby states freaking out, unsure of what to do. Now that he had gotten close enough to properly see America, Russia felt his heart drop further.

America didn't have any stars on his flag

...And he wasn't breathing.

Hearing the door slam open, Russia hurriedly turned to see a terrified Canadian. Russia growled out in a mixture of fear and pain, "Get a doctor, America isn't breathing!" His eyes widening in fear, Canada quickly nodded and ran out to get a doctor.

Russia, putting his left hand over his right hand, began to start compressions. The states around him watched in fear and concern, not knowing how to help. Suddenly, a state let out a loud yelp as a certain island shoved past them, barreling into Russia and successfully knocking him down.

Russia angrily looked up to see what seemed to be a frustrated yet determined inverted Cuba. Several nearby states quickly leaped into action, collectively dragging the island away and pinning him to the ground while yelling, shouting, and bickering incoherently. The island territory struggled for a bit before realizing it was no use, yelling out, "You're all stupid if you think this is it!"

A frustrated expression on his face, Russia quickly turned to go back to giving America CPR, hearing the door open as Canada and a human doctor entered the room. But, to Russia's surprise and confusion, America wasn't on the floor anymore.

In fact, America was actually standing up, cracking his neck and knuckles with his eyes closed. Russia, though surprised and insanely confused, let out a breath of relief, standing up himself. Still, an unexplainable worry pricked at the back of his mind as he said, "America, are you okay?!"

One of the states happily remarked, "Look, his cracks are gone!"

Russia smiled and looked back at America, "I suppose you really are o..." But his words dried up. No... no, no, no, something about this wasn't right. Russia wasn't sure why, but he had this intense feeling...