Chapter 3 - Surprise!

You screamed. You fell back against the rock wall, successfully cutting your palm on the jagged edge. Breathing heavily, you looked at where the voice came from,

Or more like who it came from.

Through the gap in the rock wall, the mermaid from before hovered over the sand staring at you. Through his wet hair, you could see his dark, clear eyes and he had a cute smile plastered onto his face.

“Did I scare you?” He asked in a playful manner. You held your injured hand to your chest. You scowled at him.

“Well, duh. What was that for?” You yelled at him. He laughed at your comment. He did have a really cute smile. Damn him.

“Because why not?” 

“Well considering what you are, why did you even show yourself to me?”

“I already saw you and so I figured you knew what I was so I just wanted to mess with you for a moment.”

You groaned and rolled your eyes. Directing your attention back to your injured hand, you watched as it continued bleeding.

His face fell from his teasing smirk to concern. “Hey, are you alright?” he asked softly. You glared back at him.

“Yeah, I’m fine. No thanks to you.” You spat. He looked down guiltily, like your words really hurt him. He looked back up at you again.

“Let me see your hand.” He held his hand out for you to take. He smiled at you softly. 

His face looked genuine but you still didn’t think you could trust him. Your harsh attitude melted away and you took a nervous step back. 

“Hey, you can trust me, I promise.” He showed his cute smile again. Somehow that was enough to convince you.

You carefully walked closer to him. You put your injured hand on his, as he looked at it. His skin was a lot warmer then when you put him back in the water. 

You kneeled down as he brought your hand down into the water. You winced and let out a small whine as the saltwater burned your hand. He looked back up at you to make sure you were ok.

“Sorry, it’ll only hurt for a second.” He held your hand under the water as a dim blue light glowed from his hands. Within seconds, you hand felt normal again. He let go of your hand and you brought it back up the look at it.

Your cut was completely healed.

You looked back at him. He smiled at you once again. You swore that smile was going to be the death of you one day.

Your face flushed a light shade of pink as you stared into his eyes. 

“Jungkook!” a voice came from behind him. He whipped his head around quickly. A little ways away, what you assumed was another mermaid was waving at him. 

He turned back towards you. “I have to go. Meet me back here tomorrow morning.” 

Without another word, he swam back out and dove under the waves.