Chapter 21 - Hidden Secrets

You turned to look at where the voice came from. You silently cursed when you didn't see anyone and hoped that the voice wasn't from a different pirate from before.

But instead, a little farther up the rock, a mermaid slowly faded out of the side of the rock. He sat up. His tail was mint green, with the same dark hair as the others, small eyes, and squishy-looking cheeks.

You quickly tried to recall his name form when Taehyung talked about him.

"Yoongi, right? You can camouflage with your surroundings."

You sat back down as Yoongi came and sat next to you, leaning back on his hands. He gave you a play smirk as he looked at you.

"Taehyung explained us to you?"

"Mostly, then Namjoon attack me."

"How far did he get?"

You paused and thought for a moment.

"Um, only your powers and rules that you were supposed to follow. Like staying away from humans and you can erase our memories if we see you and you don't want us to."

He nodded and looked back out at the ocean, his smile never leaving his face.

"Did he explain any reasons for why we would be ok with humans seeing us?" He said as he turned back to look at you.

"No." You simply stated. You were a little confused about what he was talking about.

"Well, even though we do have rules not to interact with people, that doesn't mean everyone was going to listen. There would be some mermaids who would interact with humans and then the dumb love stories of being divided by two worlds would come true. So it was made that when a human falls in love with a mermaid, a mermaid's kiss would turn them into a mermaid."

You didn't really have a response to that. You looked away processing everything he said.

"That's why Namjoon attacked you. We've had bad experiences with humans trying to use a mermaid's kiss to become a mermaid, 'cause they think it'll be so much better than human life or they'll be some kind of popular ruler down here since they're self-indulgent and think they're all that." He rolled his eyes as he said the last part.

"So, unless you can prove to him that you're not like that, you're not going to be around much longer and you'll end up like the last girl."

With that being said, he got down from the rock and disappeared under the waves.