Chapter 34 - The Full Story

Taehyung emerged and shook the water from his hair. He looked at the both of you and smiled.

"I thought you were the only one who knew about this." You whispered to Hoseok.

"I never said that. But Taehyung is the only other person that knows about this place since he technically found it before me." He replied smiling sheepishly. Taehyung came up and sat next to you both.

"Didn't expect you both to be here." He stated.

"Yeah, I never really got to talk to her so I figured this would be the time to do it!" Hoseok said, cheerily.

You giggled at him.

"So what are you doing here Taehyung?"

"Well, I was coming here to just relax, but since you're here I might as well follow suit with everyone else and tell you my back story."

"Alright then."

"I, similar to Namjoon and Hoseok, had a heartbreak, but not just with my girlfriend. I brought her home to my parents one night and they didn't approve. I thought I knew them better than I really did. Then when me and my girlfriend got home, we had an argument and ended up breaking up. So first my parents hurt me and then she hurt me, I didn't what else to do. After we broke up a took a walk to the beach and found a mermaid. Then the usual one thing lead to another and we kissed and I became a mermaid with a lie detector ability."

"Wait so your powers are based on...what?" You were obviously confused. How are your powers based on that?

"I guess everything still needs a bit of clearing up. When you're kissed by a mermaid, for whatever reason no matter what, you get turned into a mermaid, and there's no way to undo it. Once kissed, based on what you were as a human, determines your powers. So I had my trust broken, I can detect lies. Hoseok here was a dancer, so he has enhanced speed and agility. Jimin was a singer so he has a magic voice, Namjoon had a strong love for the ocean so he can control water, Jin loved animals and now he can talk to them, Yoongi was good at hiding and sitting around so he can camouflage, and Jungkook..." He stopped himself.

"Was turned into a mermaid as a child." You stated quietly.

"So you know?"

You nodded. "Jin told me."

Taehyung sighed and Hoseok nodded. "Yes, Jungkook was turned into a mermaid as a child. He doesn't even know how he got healing abilities."

You nodded again.

"Speaking of Jungkook, Yoongi said I reminded all of you of the girl that kissed you all, What's the full explanation behind that?"

"There was a female mermaid that was left on the beach. 2 other mermaids found her, kissed her, and raised her as there own. She grew up as a mermaid and had a life of her own. But even so, she was the only child mermaid. And eventually, the pirates that came before Ateez kidnapped her parents and she never saw them again. She was all alone for some time. Until she found Jungkook. They played together at the beach and they were just kids and didn't know any better so they kissed. Jungkook was excited at first, but when he realized he was stuck like that, he quickly became scared. He was mad at her for doing this to him and cried. Out of his anger, he left her to try and find his parents. But it was too late, they were already gone. He searched for days, waiting for them to come back but to no avail. Eventually, he found her again and she non-stop apologized. He slowly gave in and they spent years together. She helped Jungkook get used to being a mermaid and before they knew it, they had grown together. Jungkook started to realize that there were no other mermaids either, so that's when she went and found us. First was Jimin, so that's why they argue a lot, then Jin since he needed to handle them, then me, Hoseok, Namjoon, and Yoongi. We're like family to each other. We're always here to protect each other. That's why Namjoon didn't like it when his ex-girlfriend tried to seduce Jungkook. He might have been the first to be a mermaid, but he's still the youngest of all of us. He doesn't know much about the human world and doesn't understand a lot still, but we all helped him. But then a few months ago, the girl was kidnapped by Ateez, devastating us all, but mostly Jungkook. He just lost his childhood friend that basically raised him. We've been trying to help him, but he's was a lot quieter than normal. He began to slowly get better, but then he found you."

He turned to you and put his hands on your shoulders.

"You don't see it, but in these past few days, you have done more for him then any of us could've hoped for. That's why he's so protective of you. He doesn't want to lose you again and that's why we need to keep Ateez away from you. Do you remember when the last time you saw them was?"

"U-um, no I don't remember." You stated without thinking. It took you by surprise.

Taehyung looks down at his tail. The red scales on his tail grew down a few rows. He looked back up at you.

"I mean, yesterday. I was working on my project and Jimin came to me. He hid me then led me home."

Taehyung looked back at his tail. Nothing happened. He nodded.

"From this point on, tell us if you see them when we're not around."

You nodded. "I will, for Jungkook's sake."