Chapter 22 - New Threats

You walked back to the dorms slowly, your mind clouded by your own thoughts. You thought about what Yoongi told you about the mermaid's kiss. And the reason why Namjoon was so protective. 

So there’s nothing against mermaids falling love with humans? Was that why Jungkook was so open about letting you see him? Did he...actually like you?

But wait, what happened before I met them? Yoongi said something about there was another girl before you that used them. Did Namjoon actually think you’d do that?

You entered the dorms and headed down to your room. You’re roommate works late so she wouldn’t be there yet. You dug around in your pocket for your keys as you approached your door.

You had figured that if Jungkook was willing to talk so fondly about you to them that he would’ve been ok with it. Unless maybe Jungkook was the one who had to deal with the last girl?

You unlocked the door to your dorm and stepped inside, shutting the door behind you. You trudged over and flopped down on your bed. You put your arm over your eyes. 

This was more then you imaged it being. Your previous thoughts about going back and being with Jungkook flooded back to you. You started to question the whole ‘should I trust them’ ordeal in your mind once again.

You took your arm off your head and flopped it back down. You felt something poke you in the back as you moved.

You sat up and look down on your bed. A small folded yellow note lay there. You sat up fully and grabbed the small note.

You unfolded it slowly but nearly dropped it as you started reading.

ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢᴇᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴏᴍғᴏʀᴛᴀʙʟᴇ. ᴡᴇ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ. 

                                             - ʜᴏɴɢᴊᴏᴏɴɢ