Chapter 11 - Explanation

“Explain what exactly?” Obviously there had to to some things that needed explaining. But you weren’t exactly sure what. There had to be more to it then you thought.

“How being a mermaid works. It’s a little different than what you’ve probably been told in your world.” He leaned up against the rock as he spoke.

“All mermaids have some kind of power. I’m pretty sure you’ve seen Jungkook’s healing power when he’s in water.”

“Yeah, that would explain when he healed my hand and himself when I put him back in the water.”

“Exactly. Jimin has a magical voice that he can use for casting spells underwater by singing. And then you haven’t met them yet but then there’s Namjoon who can control waves and water currents, Jin can communicate with any sea creature, Yoongi can camouflage with his surroundings, and Hoseok has advanced agility and speed in the water.”

“So wait, then what’s your power?” 

“Oh, I can detect lies. The red in my tail will grow farther down when someone lies… That’s how I figured to believe you.” He looked down as he said that last part. Seems he had some trust issues.

It was nice to know that they all had powers, but I still didn’t understand about human knowing mermaids existed. “Wait so, why are you telling me this? Isn’t there always some rule that mermaids shouldn’t be seen by humans?” 

“Well yes, we really should erase your memory about us, but Jungkook likes to mess with people so even though he shouldn’t have messed with you, he did.”

You couldn’t help but blush at the fact that Jungkook had no problem revealing himself to you. Was there a reason? He couldn’t have seen that much of your face when he saw you that day. Did he like you in some way?

“One more thing, Jimin said that Jungkook talked about me to you guys?”

“Oh that, he did a little bit. I think-”

A deep booming voice suddenly shouted from behind him, cutting him off.

“Taehyung! Get away from her!”